What it Looks Like to Weigh Yourself Everyday for 180 Days

Options

Replies

• appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I weigh myself every day and it doesn't always feel productive, but I'm pretty good at not taking the numbers badly. If I step on and the scale goes up and I know I was working out and eating well then I just jump off the scale and move on. In general I only track my losses on MFP and I have a period tracker app on my phone that I enter my weight into - it's less official that way :D
  • emienne
    emienne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I'm okay with the fluctuations because the overall trend is down! And I love charts and graphs, they help keep me focused and motivated.

Here is my chart (from my crazy excel file) for the last 48 days. I removed the kg numbers from it because I'm still at a weight that I don't want 'out there' publicly.

50b57405-c58f-4b95-8583-0b0e1f90ab87_zps08f3922f.jpg

Anyway, my chart shows an 8.5kg loss (18.7 pounds). That TOM definitely shows as stalls on my chart. I have charts for my measurements too! They are all helping me stay on track because I don't feel any different and I don't look any different.
  • markdlennon
    markdlennon Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself every day, and have done so for a long time...

I created a chart marking the 1st, and 15th of the month. The chart is a bit old...but I'm still progressing. :) Just slower.

90352953-e4dd-4509-96d8-53a655fb3f72_zps4a97bc6c.jpg
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I'm okay with the fluctuations because the overall trend is down! And I love charts and graphs, they help keep me focused and motivated.

Here is my chart (from my crazy excel file) for the last 48 days. I removed the kg numbers from it because I'm still at a weight that I don't want 'out there' publicly.

Anyway, my chart shows an 8.5kg loss (18.7 pounds). That TOM definitely shows as stalls on my chart. I have charts for my measurements too! They are all helping me stay on track because I don't feel any different and I don't look any different.

i am definitely going to make myself a chart :smile: i feel like i've been watching what i eat for ages and lost nothing but its only been 4 weeks and i've lost 7lb. good way to keep motivated.

thanks OP. great idea :happy:
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this. It is such a great visual.
  • amyrob56
    amyrob56 Posts: 27
    Options
    This is great - Thanks! I already had the mostly daily weights in an Excel spreadsheet - piece of cake to make it a chart!

I went back to the 1st of the year and until 6/21 (when I started MFP, wheatlessness and work with a WL clinic) I was maintaining within an 8# range (4#s up 4#s down). Then 6/21 and boom ... down the ski hill we go! Yup, a mogul here and there but 18#s in 2 months. I can be very happy with that.

Thanks for the visual. I understand the daily fluctuations but still ..... it is hard not to get a little pi$$ed when that scale just doesn't move for a day or two :)
  • danielleeu
    danielleeu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love math...and I love visual aids (they help so much with motivation) so this idea is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing this! :D
  • StephanieMM2013
    Options
    This is awesome! Thanks for posting!
  • bellefille
    bellefille Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It is nice to see so many other data geeks here :)

I just restarted my weight loss efforts last week after a 1 1/2 year layoff for surgery and joint injuries, so I decided it was a good time to make an experiment of my weight loss journey.

I am actually weighing twice a day, and while I am losing gradually, it is interesting to see that so far for each day, there is about a 3 lb difference between my morning weight and my evening weight.

I hope to have a nice database and as nice a chart as yours by the end of it all.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    so cool...think im going to try this!
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day ...I love to examine all the numbers and graphs (love Trendweight ... my Aria is wireless and so I don't have to do anything but step on the scale). I do also keep a file where I watch the week by week weight change ( I recently started a blog to post my progress and I post my week weights every Friday.) http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/

I just did a post showing the last several years graphed (I just took the weight from the first of the month for that)
    http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/09/tracking-weight-through-years.html (2006-until now)

I'm a total number geek, but posting pictures HERE is SO hard for my (thus my blogspot blog *Ü*)
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I'm only a few weeks into serious effort on my health. Thanks for the confirmation that the slight fluctuations are normal!
  • babytwoblues
    Options
    This is actually an amazing idea, thank your I will be doing this starting tomorrow!
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This is actually an amazing idea, thank your I will be doing this starting tomorrow!

You are welcome!
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Way to go!!
  • victoriaemc
    Options
    Well done! I weigh every day as well and it's helping me see where I go wrong with nutrition.

I started losing weight after I had my baby but was technically obese when I found out I was pregnant and gained 21lbs when I was carrying.

6lbs to go until target and a new size 10(UK) wardrobe.

Never been happier with my body and can't thank MFP enough
  • Velasca
    Velasca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost everyday but never thought to input my gains. Going to start now, I think its a great idea to see what might cause my loss of gain. Maybe it will help stay focused as well!!
  • post191rickdye
    post191rickdye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    28rmiro.png

Here is weighing every Monday for 833 days! I have been very happy with my maintenance once I got to my goal weight.

Keep it up everyone!
  • ClareWantsProgress
    Options
    I'm just bummed because I weigh myself every day and my chart looks like I've flatlined. LOL
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That is really cool to look at things this way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!