Any food you refuse to eat?

Options

Replies

• drsusana
    drsusana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eggs, milk, quiche and flan. I've tried multiple times...the only way I like my eggs is in a cupcake!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms. Ack. I've tried to eat them in so many ways but they just taste of dead.
    Any kind of offal. I just can't get past the smell and my mother ruined liver for me.

I've learned to eat courgettes (again, my mother ruined those and eggplant/aubergine for me), so will have a stab at aubergine at some point, but it still makes me queasy to think about it.

I don't like strong blue cheeses either.

Parsley is the knob cheese of the devil.

Nuts are ok, but am not a fan unless salted and roasted. I HATE them in other foods.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    1. Shrimp. Hate how you can see their poop chute.

2. Sweet potato. Just not a fan.

In general, I love my food. Damn.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Liver, Beets and OATMEAL (YUK:sick: )
    Oatmeal looks like somebody ate it already! :noway:
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    1. Mayonnaise, YUCK YUCK YUCK!! I will eat homemade aioli which is basically mayo but the jarred stuff is disgusting!
    2. Whole raw tomatoes. I love salsa and could eat it all day but if it is a plain whole raw tomato no thanks!
    3. Mustard. Gross!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    anything pomegranate flavored, raw onions, plain yogurt, dark meat chicken, generic graham crackers, beets, Generic mayo and sliced cheese, boiled okra, warm or hot tomatoes on anything ( love them cold though), hard lettuce nor the lettuce that just looks like you raked them up out of your yard!
  • nsponseller
    Options
    I refuse to eat livers, mainly because I know that the purpose of the liver is to remove impurities from the body.... that's about my only one.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers - all colors. Won't eat them raw. I can taste it even when chopped finely and really cooked into the food with a lot of spices and strong flavors (think jambalaya) and it throws the whole dish off for me, but I'll eat it that way if there's not a more palatable option.

Not a fan of 99.9% of olives. There are some small green Italian ones that I like - forget the name.

Food in an Indian restaurant. Before anyone gets their back up, I like most Indian food. But, the smell of yellow curry makes me physically ill.

ETA. Forgot. Calf's liver. My grandmother made me take a bite as a kid and I promptly threw it right back up. No thanks. I love chicken livers, though.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My food aversions:
    - RICE of any kind.....just can't get passed the point that it looks like maggots!
    - CORN - smells delicious. My taste buds hate the flavor and texture
    - COTTAGE CHEESE, OATMEAL, JELLO, BANANA: Basically any food that doesn't crunch or doesn't need to be chewed is off my food list. (I agree with csemien1's comment on oatmeal)
    - SHRIMP: Again, I am a visual person. Can't get passed the way it looks.
    - SQUASH: of any kind.....Don't like the look, smell, texture, flavor....
    - COCONUT: Ugh...
    - CHICKEN WITH BONES: Grew up on a farm and had to kill and prepare them (plucking feathers, removing internal organs....) Oddly enough, boneless is okay for me.

Basically, I'm a meat and potatoes type of gal :) Love my carbs....bread, popcorn, crackers....and anything salty.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    Seafood.. Anything that used to swim is a big NO.
    Baby animals - lamb, veal, etc.
    Weird parts of animals - liver, tongue, feet, gizzards, heart, etc.
    Olives
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like most foods, but I refuse to eat organ meats (liver, heart, tongue, etc.) Also was forced to eat everything on my plate as a child. Sat there until midnight and finally finished ice cold lima beans, and promptly got ill. They tasted like moldy cheese at that point. So definetly no lima beans.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I will not eat cooked peas or cooked carrots. I love them raw, just not cooked. :noway:

Lima beans - ick, again, it's a consistency thing. :noway:

Cauliflower. :noway:
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yes! I will never touch fried foods again! They were an addiction for me much in the same way alcohol is to an alcoholic.
  • RenshiG
    RenshiG Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit. Sultanas, raisins etc - my dad chased me round the kitchen with a currant slice (2 slices of pastry sandwiched with a thick, juicy layer of currants) when I was little. He said it was fly pie and asked if I could see the legs :ohwell:

That is just wrong.... then again... maybe something to do with my kids tonight... lol
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    Any and all fish.... I cannot get past the smell!

Same!!!
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. Foul, slimy little dirt bits. I don't know who decided those were edible.
    Sea cucumber is like eating a gigantic booger, but I'm vegan now anyway so I don't worry about it.
    Red 40, yellow 5 and 6, MSG, and certain wines. They're migraine triggers.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'll eat most anything and try anything (twice) and I pride myself on it.

That being said: papaya. It's a texture/mouth feel thing.
  • OzarkNana
    OzarkNana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Liver... :sick: It has a HUGE "ewwwww" factor. Just the sight of it make me gag...:noway:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Durian. Eff that fruit, seriously.
    Uni. Allergic, it's as nasty as durian anyway.
    brains. meh, it's like tasteless jello scrambled eggs.
  • FauxFoxx
    FauxFoxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    - I HATE beans of all types, yuck!
    - Mayo and all it's nasty counterparts, nooope.
    - Raisins