What it Looks Like to Weigh Yourself Everyday for 180 Days

Options
124»

Replies

• NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    This is a great example for people who get so upset when they see the scale go up. It happens!! Your body is not perfect, it's going to ebb and flow but as you can see, there is a still a steady trend downward.

Love this!!
  • small_town_jubilant
    Options
    Wow, this is such a different (but cool) way to view weightloss....I think I will start doing it too!
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but I do not consider myself to be obsessed with the scale or my weight. I have spent my whole life oblivious to what was going on with my weight (how did that happen? oh, well, let's eat!) that now I want to know what my body is doing when, etc. It's just called getting to know myself. I can imagine one day I will be familiar enough with how I feel and what I'm doing that a daily weigh-in won't be necessary. While I weigh every day, I only record a loss from my lowest recorded weight, and that also helps me see where I stall out and where I make headway. My goal from April 18, 2013 was 1 lb/week, and I'm keeping up with that goal, so I think what I'm doing is working.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thats pretty awesome!! I used to weigh myself everyday....i would stress over the scale though....I now weigh once a week...but i would say that sometimes i will weigh more than once a week...i try not to stress about the number anymore and just watch my measurements, the way my clothes fit, and how my body looks and feels. Awesome post though!
  • mummygettingfit
    mummygettingfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OP - did you weigh at the same time every day?

At the moment I'm weighing in once every 2 weeks or so, but get very disheartened when it goes up... I may try this to see what the weight is actually doing!!! Trial for a month or so (to see if I actually do it!!)

=D thank you for the idea!
  • sugarlyze
    sugarlyze Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but I don't log the number in. I usually do when I lose at least 1 kg (2.2 lbs) because that's when I know I've lost a significant amount of weighs. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea with us! I should try this too! But in order to do this, I think I really need to fetch myself an accurate scale
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    28rmiro.png

Here is weighing every Monday for 833 days! I have been very happy with my maintenance once I got to my goal weight.

Keep it up everyone!

Wow that is incredible! You should be proud :)
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    OP - did you weigh at the same time every day?

At the moment I'm weighing in once every 2 weeks or so, but get very disheartened when it goes up... I may try this to see what the weight is actually doing!!! Trial for a month or so (to see if I actually do it!!)

=D thank you for the idea!

I weigh first thing every morning, but it will be at slightly different times depending on if I have to work or if I slept in a bit :)
  • partdeux
    partdeux Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily too but for some reason I record it weekly. I am not sure why, but anyway I am glad I do it daily because Saturday I had lost a pound and on Sunday I had put one on so instead of breaking down and crying on Sunday I was OK!

Your graph is so awesome, I am totally going to start logging it daily now!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That's what I do too. It helped me understand how my body works and how my weight fluctuates around ovulation and period times and not panic about the 5 lbs that I put on during ovulation, lol
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed seeing your progress and knowing that weighing every day isn't detrimental. Thanks for posting and for doing such a great job!
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    You are all welcome! I'm glad I could help :)
  • bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    So, did MFP post a note to all your friends that you gained 2 lbs since your last weigh in? I weigh every day too, but haven't logged it, because I don't want that message going out to everyone.

It does not post weight gains :-)

I also weigh every day, sometimes not on Saturdays ( Friday night dinner is my anything gos) , now that I know it wont post gains, I may do it .
  • I'm going to start this tomorrow. This is so cool!
  • chanda77
    Options
    I just started but plan on weighing in every Monday morning. Can't wait till my chart looks this great. Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!