Any food you refuse to eat?

Options

Replies

• doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    tomatoes. my mouth gets itchy just thinking about it. and anything with bones/eyes/face. I won't eat KFC or turkey dinner because it freaks me out lool.
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There are many foods I don't care for, and some I will avoid if possible, but I only have one food I "refuse" to eat. That's honey. I watched a nature program that showed how bees make it, and it grossed me out so much I will never eat it knowingly.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Lol... You ready for this?

Fruit - all!
    Veg - all!
    Salad - all!

Seafood
    Thai
    Chinese
    Most Indian
    Most Italian
    Greek
    Mexican
    Meat off a bone (As in a joint of meat/roast)
    Fruit juice with bits
    Yoghurt with bits
    Most cheese
    Sauces (mayo etc!)
    Beans
    etc
    etc
    etc

The list is too long to go on!! Haha! I have the worst eating habits, don't like anything "good" or "healthy" yet still managed 49lbs loss so far... woohoo! Haha
    I gotta know...what do you eat? Seriously, on a typical day, what do you eat?
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Liver.
    Turnips.
    Any sort of insect put IN food.

But really? Who eats these? I'm sure such a small percentage of the human population would eat that YUCK. They may as well just make them an un-food. LOL
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Ffoie gras for personal reasons... but then I won't ease cheese because it's old milk. I also hate bell peppers (green, red, yellow) and anything else in the "spoiled dairy" category which includes yogurt, cheese, sour cream, etc.) I will eat cheese in tiny quantities if it is melted.

That's about it. I'm fine with food outside of that!
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian but apart from that I eat pretty much anything - with one exception: F*** kale. :laugh:
  • 1pinkpistol
    Options
    EGGS AND MILK i refuse to eat/drink them and i also do not buy them for the house, if my husband wants it he has to purchase it his self!

also any meat with a bone or skin or any pork product other than bacon
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I eat everything. Everything. However I refuse too greasy foods usually because my conscience can't take it.
  • butterpecan_ts
    butterpecan_ts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is due to a hormonal imbalance that I found could be controlled by removing these foods: refined sugars, refined flours, caffeine and alcohol. I have tried in the past to eat it occasionally and it completely throws me off. So, now I refuse to touch anything that contains at least one of those four. But, everything else I eat with full pleasure. :laugh:
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I will not eat cooked peas or cooked carrots. I love them raw, just not cooked. :noway:

He that's funny, I've got a thing with cooked carrots as well. I'll eat them, but I much prefer them raw (or roasted). But boiled carrots are just... meh.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    To start off...
    - I'm very fussy about bananas. They have to be perfectly ripe but not too much so, and not squashed or otherwise presented as something that resembles my own vomit

Same here! The tip must still have the slightest hint of green... as soon as brown spots show up, into the freezer they go for smoothies or baking. I also hate the strings that separate from the skin if you don't peel it oh-so-carefully... they make me want to gag.

I like pickles, but not in or on things. If they are on a sammich for instance, I take them off and eat them separately. Same with raisins, get them the hell out of my cookies and oatmeal! Don't even get me started on rice pudding with raisins. Bleh.. for some reason I am ok with them in carrot cake though. Probably because it's cake.

Tomatoes are the opposite. I like a nice thick slice of tomato on a sammich or veggie burger, but hate them raw by themselves... especially cherry/grape tomatoes! Way to ruin a good salad...

Hate cilantro for the most part. Unless it's done exactly right, it's the only thing I can taste in a dish and it reminds me of stinkbugs.

Cooked broccoli? All day erra'day. Raw broccoli? Heeeeeell naw

Liverwurst - now, I haven't eaten meat in over 14 years but I tried it once when I was a kid and the ghastly taste/texture still haunts me to this day... *shudder*
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Avocado. I have no problem with the taste, but I just can't deal with the texture.
    Anise or Fennel - I hate the taste.
    Lamb shank.
    Mushrooms, unless they are part of a complete dish (on a pizza, in a sauce, etc.) No grilled Portobello sandwiches for me!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Mayo & mushrooms. Can't think of much else
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I hate chocolate and sweets, brr..helps with diet :)
  • livelaughlove384
    Options
    any kind of meat or seafood

olives

beer

raw tomato
  • Inalienable_Property_of_www
    Options
    Celery.

I'm like a bloodhound when it comes to smell, and I can't stand celery because of just one component. Some types of flowers also have a similar scent mixed in them and I can't even walk past some of them without gagging. I really want to like celery, but I'm just not able to.

Other than that, I'm not picky at all. I'm a big time foodie and would eat pretty much anything--almost fully formed chicken/duck foetuses, smoked large insects, scorpions, etc.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Any sort of animal organ. No thank you! :sick:
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I hate watermelon. The only thing worse than watermelon is more watermelon. Sticky watery seedy mess..ugh.
  • chancock6
    Options
    Mcdonalds. Won't eat that crap. Even the smell makes me sick. I can't eat anything with cream of mushroom in it--threw it up once. I won't eat cake or coconut. Bananas that are too ripe or too green. Pork chops, olives, or sauerkraut. I hate bratwurst and liver and onions.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't refuse anything. :glasses: