HRM?

Options
RunningRoundParis
RunningRoundParis Posts: 14 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hey, I am new and would like to start counting my exercise calories more accurately (I am aware the MFP estimations are quite off, especially for cardio...). But I'm looking at HRMs online, and the prices range so much. I would like to get a watch although I have no idea what to go for. I'm a student and therefore have very little money, but I don't want to get one that's really cheap and inaccurate. Does anyone have any helpful tips?

Replies

• bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Get one with a chest strap - they're much more accurate & easy to use than the ones without. (Also, you don't actually have to use the strap part, I found it actually worked better when the elastic bit broke and I just started putting the monitor under my bra band.)

The way I did it was wait for a sale - I found mine on Woot.com, they have them pretty often, or somewhere like overstock.com or even just keep checking your local Sports Authority - if you're patient, you can get them for 50% off pretty regularly, or sometimes even less - I got mine for $20 because it was a discontinued brand.

You really don't need all the bells & whistles - most of it is just calculating formulas from your heart rate, and you can do that yourself.
This discussion has been closed.