New friends that only need to drop 5-30lbs.

Options
Hi! I'm 24 and beginning this app all over again as of 2 days ago. I want to lose 10lbs, but more importantly I would like to be in better shape and make healthier choices. I'm looking for friends in the same situation! :)

Replies

• rsj206
    rsj206 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and in a similar position. I just restarted on Friday. I'm aiming to lose between 10-20 pounds. I've been a casual weight lifter for several years, but I'm trying to get more serious about it - combined with healthy eating, that's how I'm planning to lose fat and tone up. I don't really care that much about my weight - I just want to look good and feel healthy! Let's do this!
  • mariellefrench
    Options
    hi! im in my sophomore year of college and need to drop about 25 pounds. i want to see how i can make healthier food choices since its hard at school and what exercise "plans" will work for me and how to not plateau or make sure that i am actually exercising properly
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and my goal is to lose 10 lbs. Over the past month I've lost 5, primarily by just making better food choices and at minimum taking a walk every day (it's hard for me to fit exercise into my schedule). It's amazing what a difference that 5 lbs makes, : ) Let's cheer eachother on!
  • tiddlepeep
    Options
    I'm 31 and need to lose 25lb. no huge hurry little and often would suit me as I want the weight to stay off.
  • maz_vita
    Options
    hi im 18 andim looking to drop 15lbs. i would like to learn how to keep the weight off
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Is it me, or is it so much harder to lose a small amount of weight (like 10-15 pounds) than it is to lose a large amount of weight?
  • amme0414
    Options
    Yeah, I went from 140 to 125 seemingly overnight, but I've been stuck at 125 for months!
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well, I'm 33, looking to lose 15-20 lbs.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm losing my last 5 vanity pounds :)
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 23 and have about 20 lbs to lose! Feel free to add me!
  • adk7
    adk7 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm 22, with 25ish pounds to lose, so I think you have a pretty large support system here...feel free to add!
  • pari_06
    pari_06 Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm 22. Want to drop around 30 lbs. Have joined mfp just few days back. Feel free to add me.
  • SpookyElectric
    SpookyElectric Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 (going on 24) and want to lose 16lbs - 2 down already! I'm also pretty new to this, feel free to add me! :)
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Is it me, or is it so much harder to lose a small amount of weight (like 10-15 pounds) than it is to lose a large amount of weight?

Im' finding the exact same issue - I wanted to loose 20-30lbs at most - I started intensly in March - only have 15lbs gone so far (although I can feel the inches melting more - and yes, duh me, forgot to measure myself in the beginning)... but losing the last 15 now seems to be going soooooooo slow... I've tried higher cals/less cals/more intense workouts/rest days to 'shock' my body when I DO workout - my body seems to want to go at it's own pace. Very frustrating...

Add me if you want to compare notes or help one another along..:)
  • rainbow_Moonbeam
    Options
    I'm out to lose 14 pounds, feel free to add me! I'm on every day and I'm trying to be healthier.
  • Snugglzz
    Options
    Mornin ladies not to butt in on your female dominated room here, but I figured if you haven heard of or tried the allrecipes site you should check it out. Its great for counting cals and much more healthy since your coking and not eating boxed food. Just a diet change worked for me. Yay cuz I don't run for fun
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm going for those last few vanity pounds as well. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • equestrianperson
    Options
    I feel your pain! I feel the same way
  • amme0414
    Options
    Mornin ladies not to butt in on your female dominated room here, but I figured if you haven heard of or tried the allrecipes site you should check it out. Its great for counting cals and much more healthy since your coking and not eating boxed food. Just a diet change worked for me. Yay cuz I don't run for fun

I love that site! I make most of my food from scratch. I'm only bad when the roomies bring home yummy treats. :)
  • Isona83
    Options
    Hi i am 29 want to loose 15-20lbs and want to stay healthy and active. Joined mfp few days back. Tried many times to loose weight but nothing helped. Need some friends to stay motivated.
    Want to stay fit for my family and me.