I'm so COLD!!!

Options
Anyone having issues with being colder since losing weight?

My sister commented on it this weekend because as soon as I got into her car, I rolled up the windows. The office is pretty cool right now actually and some of my co-workers even have their fans on. It's not so bad today, but yesterday I had to make more green tea just so I could warm my hands up on my hot mug. My hands are the coldest. Everyday, I have to leave the hospital at lunch time just to thaw out because I feel sooo cold in this office.

I'm seriously considering buying some fingerless gloves to warm up these hands.

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Yep. That's the downside, with it. xx
  • zmoreno10
    zmoreno10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've definitely been colder since I've lost the weight as well! Granted, I work in a datacenter so my office is usually cold anyways, but I've definitely noticed a difference.
  • Hoodie16
    Hoodie16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting checked to make sure you are not iron deficient anemic. When I was deficient I was cold all the time too, which is a side affect. I would wear long sleeves during the summer because I was so cold.
  • redbev306
    Options
    Honestly.... I can't wait to have this problem again! I used to be FREEZING all the time.... & hated it! But now that I am unreasonably hot & sweaty ALL THE TIME...... I definitely prefer freezing! It's much easier to put more clothing on... & more socially acceptable than taking it off! LOL
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Absolutely... Especially while I was still actively trying to lose. Now that I'm maintaining and eating more calories, I don't get as cold because I have more fuel to burn :-)
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I'm stuffing my face right now hoping to warm up.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    My hands get cold a lot, lol. Feet, too. When others are hot, I'm good. In the winter, I'm an icicle.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I'm alwaaays cold! ;[
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I used to hate walking out of the house on a hot summer day and getting blasted by a heat wave, but now I do it just to warm myself up before going back into the air conditioning :o)
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am ALWAYS cold, now. It is now uncommon for me to wear 2 sweatshirts at the same time. i have lost a layer of blubber and now, i just freeze. I am dreading this coming winter!
  • apf2013
    apf2013 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    U might be anemic - i would go get checked just to make sure.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Me too! It's Sept and I took out my light winter coat yesterday...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I've always been prone to getting cold, but now its 10x worse and it takes forever for me to warm back up!
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Lol, I actually just put on my sweater when I saw this post :laugh:

I'm always cold. I'm so excited about the new car I'm getting next month, it will have heated seats and a heated steering wheel!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Not yet. I keep waiting... Everyone says it is supposed to happen but I am not noticing anything significant. I only notice that I am cold if I am more tired than usual. I also have low iron so I don't honestly know why I'm NOT cold all the time..maybe I'm closer to menopause than I think.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness for Global Warming! LOL
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I'm cold all the time too. My blood pressure is really low (96/48 last time I had it checked) so I think that may have something to do with it. I get light headed every time I stand up too. I've been to the doctor and she tells me to just stay super hydrated and eat more salt.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah. I live in Florida and I am under blankets during the summer now.

I lived in Boston at the time my avatar photo was taken. I had just lost 60 pounds and assumed that I could walk around the neighborhood in my usual windbreaker when it was a breezy 55 degrees outside. My face and hands literally turned blue. I had NEVER been so cold. Eating pizza and running scalding hot water over my wrists didn't do any good -- not until I wore a friend's insulated flight suit and jogged in place for 20 minutes in his heated apartment.

I need to remember that for this coming winter, even down here.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem too. But it's getting better. Some people, me included, find that it takes a while for their bodies to adjust to the weight loss
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting checked to make sure you are not iron deficient anemic. When I was deficient I was cold all the time too, which is a side affect. I would wear long sleeves during the summer because I was so cold.

I did mention it this year when I had my physical done and thankfully I'm ok. I have no health issues to worry about. However, I was iron deficiency anemic way back when I was pregnant with my daughter so who knows...

It helps to know I'm not alone with this cold feeling:laugh: