Excuses! Sound off!

Options
So just for fun what excuses to you make for not working out! I am tired is one I find comes into play. After working a 10 hour day I can find that excuse pops in my mind quite easily. I am trying to have the mindset that if I am not ill then there is NO EXCUSE! I know it makes me feel better and I have come to far to slack off now. So let's here it! What is the excuse you use the most?

Replies

• MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    I have been pulling weeds, hauling wood, managing a burn pile, chopping wood, caring for animals, and preparing a garden space for 12 hours in 100 degree weather. I am not workinv out.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Hmm. My workouts are scheduled. I don't really think about not working out. But sometimes sht happens. Today I have a work-related golf appointment that conflicts with my workout. Shrugs.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I schedule my workouts and stretch times and just don't give myself the option of making excuses.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    That if I workout my appetite would increase so let's just not exercise :P
  • I don't want to go to the trouble of changing clothes to work out. (yep, I'm just that lazy sometimes)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I try to make excuses, but then I think, "Hey do you want that strawberry shortcake tonight or not? Get your lazy *kitten* on that treadmill and work it off!" :laugh:
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What's more important...clean dishes, kitchen, and clean underpants, or workout? The cleaning usually wins.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Warm bed is just sooo much more inviting than the cold pavement. I try to get my workout done first thing in the morning to avoid the excuses.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    Exercise makes me sad.
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have been pulling weeds, hauling wood, managing a burn pile, chopping wood, caring for animals, and preparing a garden space for 12 hours in 100 degree weather. I am not workinv out.

You already DID work out. :)
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having a rest day.
  • eustacescrubb
    eustacescrubb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's too hot, I'll workout when it gets cooler.

Soon replaced by: It's too cold, I'll work out when it gets warmer.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Too tired, no time. Both valid excuses on occasion.
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My self-defeating excuse is that I'm too fat now to be flexible enough to work out.:cry:
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have not worked out since last Friday :ohwell: My excuses thus far have been: too hungover, too tired, too busy and too hot! I am determined to get out for a run tonight, but as the 3:00 slump settles over my body, I'm not 100% sure I'm going to make it...
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am tired tends to be the favorite. So I took an early as in 3 am paper route so I can at least I claim I did something!
  • joeinsocal
    Options
    Usually my excuses have been "I'm tired" or "it's too late to workout now" or "but there's more productive things to be doing....like...uh...laundry and stuff". I need to knock it off. I wanted to go walking after the gym last night, and instead I went home. I did about 45 minutes of exercise, but I wanted to walk more. Nope...didn't happen. :(
  • naterar
    naterar Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I hate taking two showers a days...lol
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's too hot, I'll workout when it gets cooler.

Soon replaced by: It's too cold, I'll work out when it gets warmer.

This^
    a lot of weather related excuses!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    If I haven't had the chance to wash my work out clothes in a few days. Lame, I know