Too much sugar

Options
Help im eating too much sugar!!! Both days ive had double or almost double my allowance, but its all from a smoothie (1/2 banana, 1/2 portion raspberrys, 1/2 activia yoghurt) and skimmed milk!!
I dont want to totally cut out my fruit or milk as its healthy but its showing im going way over my sugar allowance.
Any advise? Im sticking to my calories just not sugar ( and a little over on protein)....

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Sugar is one of the main things that people over look. They think it ok if it packaged in a diet food or healthy foods. Bottom line is, it ok if you do the sugar but just expect to be hungry much sooner. If you are going to excerise then the sugar burns so help give you energy.

If you are like me, too much sugar hurt blood sugar which is dangerous for many reasons. Only way I got around that is switch to slower burning foods like oats, other grains and things. I find I am not hungry all the time and have more than enough energy.
  • aatul
    aatul Posts: 23
    Options
    my take on it is that as long as the sugar is natural ( fruits ) it is not really an issue. So dont worry about it.
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    Thanks, I was thinking that... its not like im eating sweets or cake or biscuits!! And I do go the gym so need some kind of energy!! Just had my favourite lunch, half wholegrain bagel, poached egg and cottage cheese... hopefully that wont make me more over my sugar!!
  • johnnya2
    Options
    Just like carbs, sugar in and of itself is not bad. The less refining of food, the better it will be. So whole grains, and natural sugar are not the issue. Bananas, apples, berries are low calorie sugar foods. You will never hear a case of a person saying they are overweight from eating too many fruits or vegetables.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about sugars. Not even if they're coming from donuts and cake and whatever else. I got to the point where i was obsessing over sugars ( and sodium) so much that I would restrict my calories back to 900 if I went over my sugar allowance. I was driving myself nuts. I got rid of sugar and sodium from my diary page, haven't tracked them at all, have probably gone over many, many, many times... And it hasn't done a thing to change my weight loss. Still losing that 2 pounds a week, and now I feel much better each day,
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    If it is natural sugar (fruits) I think you will be OK, as long as you are not overdoing on other sugars from other foods.