Can you do anything you want with left over calories?

Options

Replies

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Of course! That's the best part about tracking calories. Left over calories = guilt free whatever you want to eat.

Yep, this. I end up using mine for lattes... or when I'm PMSing, some chocolate and greek yogurt... or booze. Some booze makes everything better ;)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I like to eat 200 of them in chocolate . . . and reserve the rest for wine. Unless I'm feeling really froggy, then I just drink them all and pass out.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I save em..then treat myself to several beers or a nice dinner out. I figure its more of the week count for calories then the day.

Or this is a good idea, too. I rarely do this, but when I do it works out really well and keeps my OCD tendencies in check since I know I have the "room".
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    My favorite answers are the funny ones but on a serious note...

This is a 22 year old male talking about eating 1200 calories...

Kid, you need to EAT.
    MORE food, REAL food.
    Aim for BARE MINIMUM 1600 calories of healthy food or you're not getting the nutrients you need. You should probably be netting more like 2000 a day for weight loss, anything less than that is a recipe for disaster.

He's actually talking about eating 1600 calories a day, which is quite possibly a totally realistic target.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Go for it; it won't kill you. Just get back on the wagon tomorrow.

Back on what wagon?

The paddy wagon?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yup, you can use them in any way you want. I recommend healthy snacks and... aw hell, grab a beer and some funyuns.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    beer.

Yes.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Kid, you need to EAT.
    MORE food, REAL food.
    Aim for BARE MINIMUM 1600 calories of healthy food or you're not getting the nutrients you need. You should probably be netting more like 2000 a day for weight loss, anything less than that is a recipe for disaster.

He's actually talking about eating 1600 calories a day, which is quite possibly a totally realistic target.

well, he said if he only eats 1200, can he eat the other 400 in chocolate...
    Once in a while yes, but making that a habit would leave the kid sorely lacking in nutrients. And if he has any hope of building or retaining any muscle at all, he needs MOAR FOODZ!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    beer.

^This.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Kid, you need to EAT.
    MORE food, REAL food.

well, he said if he only eats 1200, can he eat the other 400 in chocolate...
    Once in a while yes, but making that a habit would leave the kid sorely lacking in nutrients. And if he has any hope of building or retaining any muscle at all, he needs MOAR FOODZ!

This is nonsense. It may or may not be true. We don't know his height, weight, activity level, or current food intake. Those 1200 calories could be filled with 140 grams of chicken and a pound of various vegetables. We don't know.

It's certainly possible he's not getting enough calories or protein or vitamins or whatever, but there's no way to tell that from the info we have.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    Wine!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    No, you must have ice cream. The ice cream can, however, be chocolate.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I drown mine in ice cream.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have about 1300-1400 calories of healthy stuff every day, and the rest (250ish calories) is junk. This is frankly the best 'diet' I've ever done!
  • Jivebunnie
    Jivebunnie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I don't have enough calories in the day to have "left over" calories...so I'll steal some from my friends list when they're aren't looking.

Love it! ........................... Seriously, don't have the chocolate, it's empty calories. Have a low cal sweet treat instead.
  • cosmosgirl91
    Options
    if I have left over calories..i indulge. and depending how much sugar and sodium I have left determines what I have for a snack. sometimes I don't care and just have a snack anyways :)
  • cosmosgirl91
    Options
    Go for it; it won't kill you. Just get back on the wagon tomorrow.
    their not getting off any wagon. its not like hes going off track..hes using up calories that weren't used for the day..
  • samammay
    Options
    I usually leave 100 on the table to account for any discrepancies in cals in vs cals out. The rest I turn into vodka and olives. :)
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I have leftover calories.. I try to get as much food as I can for that amount.. LOL a chocolate bar might be more satisfying.. but for 400, I could have soooo much more lol that is just me :) I try to get more volume for my calories. Makes me feel like i'm not dieting :)
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    beer.

this except whiskey

Seconded.