Do I lose my man card if I go to a Taylor Swift concert?

Options
wolfgate
wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
What about if I'm taking my 14 year old daughter, do I then get to keep it?

If so, but I enjoy the concert, do I have to give it back again?

With the concert this Friday, I'm really concerned I'm going to be emasculated for the weekend. And I had such big plans with the wife. Oh, the troubles of a first world middle aged man...

Carry on.

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Keep the man card. You are being a great Dad to your daughter and that is awesome. And I would think at 14, she is beyond polishing your fingernails, putting makeup on you, and/or putting hair ribbons in your hair, so be grateful. :wink:
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    ^^^ agreed! Go Dad! :smile:
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy on the train this morning with bright yellow nail polish on his toenails. I have to assume he has a daughter, because other than that he looked completely normal.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Nope. In fact I think you get to upgrade your man card for taking your daughter to a T-Swift concert. :drinker:
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy on the train this morning with bright yellow nail polish on his toenails. I have to assume he has a daughter, because other than that he looked completely normal.

:laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Nope, you get a "good dad" card.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Nope, you get a "good dad" card.

^ This.

When I was younger my dad took me to a Spice Girls concert. We still talk about it.*

*Although usually it's about how awesome it was being one of the only men around all the hot moms
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Keep the man card. You are being a great Dad to your daughter and that is awesome. And I would think at 14, she is beyond polishing your fingernails, putting makeup on you, and/or putting hair ribbons in your hair, so be grateful. :wink:

^^^
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You get the awesome Dad card too! Well done Sir!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Just don't sing along....

Or do. Who cares.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm in agreement with everyone here. Keep up the good work
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You have lost it for thinking about going!! Daughters are no excuse here!
  • mandi_444
    Options
    just don't buy yourself a t-shirt...
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Card shmard.

Dads who do stuff like this with their daughters are beyond cards. You've levelled up.
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Does your 14 year old have friends her age?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    nope keep the card just don't go to justin bieber concert i'd be concerned for you jk
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    It depends on the post-concert reaction.

Do you plan on spending the next day driving your friends insane as you hum "I just wanna know you, wanna know you, know you, better now" all over the golf course?

Do you plan on shouting "I knew you were trouble when you walked in" every time someone enters the living room?

Is your wife going to ask you to take out the trash and you get upset and tell her that you're "never, ever, ever" going to do so?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, hand it over now. Don't even wait for the concert.
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You are definitely a good dad and do not lose your man card; that said, could you do a better job of teaching your daughter what good music is? :laugh:
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Nope. In fact I think you get to upgrade your man card for taking your daughter to a T-Swift concert. :drinker:
    +1
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Does your 14 year old have friends her age?

Not relevant. Even if she did have friends her age, and I assume she does, having father-daughter time is a very, VERY good thing.