Do you love your fitbit?

Options
Considering a flex, but don't want to spend $100 if I'm going to be over it after the novelty wears off. Tell about your fitbit experience. Love it or regret it?

Replies

• mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip, because when I bought it, I had the same feeling-- I've tried a lot of weight loss/fitness journeys before and always lost interest or willpower. But 5 months later, I'm still wearing it daily and am disappointed when I don't. While its stats and syncing aren't always optimal in the way it functions with MFP, it does one very key thing for me: it keeps me moving and keeps me accountable.

A lot of my exercise is still step-based (walks when I can get them in, mostly) and a large part of my goal is to get off my butt more often from my desk job.

I'm considering upgrading to a Flex or a similar product, so that's my two cents!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I love my One--have been using it steadily since I got it in February, and it really helps me get a better idea of how much I'm burning (for example, it made me realize that I was not "sedentary" despite having a desk job.) Considered waiting until the Flex came out, then remembered that I hate things around my wrists, so that was sort of a dealbreaker.
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    love it
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i had a fitbit one, it was fun for a little while but i found that i prefer to use my HRM...after a few months i sold it on amazon.

( It is a neat little gadget, i enjoyed the distance tracking aspect & the sleep monitoring. I can see why so many people like it but it just wasn't for me in the long run....Having to remember to put it on in the mornings & again after i showered got old. Plus the calorie burn was not matching up to my HRM & i had syncing problems. I also was annoyed by the phantom steps it would log when i was driving.)
  • mcdonoughjl
    Options
    love mine
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love my One--have been using it steadily since I got it in February, and it really helps me get a better idea of how much I'm burning (for example, it made me realize that I was not "sedentary" despite having a desk job.) Considered waiting until the Flex came out, then remembered that I hate things around my wrists, so that was sort of a dealbreaker.

That's my HUGE issue. Watches/etc. around my wrists tend to trigger claustrophobic attacks.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit one in March and love it. I forgot to wear it one day back in April and even then, I was LOST. LOL

It's a tad addicting, but a great motivational too!
  • NicoleCooney92
    NicoleCooney92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Two friends from work got zips last spring and raved about it. I just got mine a month ago and love it, love it, love it. My husband has a couple of HRMs that he's offered to lend me, but I'm just comfortable with my zip.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and am on my second.

It IS the reason I am skinny! Of course I drive it. :)

If you are dedicated and keep your azz moving, amazing things happen!
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have a zip and I like it. It's small, simple, syncs with my phone so I don't have to turn the computer on every day.
    I don't exercise hard out enough to need a HRM, and it also doesn't do everything I *don't* need (like I wasn't interested in the sleep tracking)
    I like that it sits on my pocket securely, and I don't have to have a thing on my arm or whatever.
    I believe it underestimates my total burn as I stand still/only move upper body or take just a step or two at a time at work, and it doesn't seem to register that and thinks I'm not walking so I must be sitting.
    But overall I am happy with it. I lost my first one and bought another, so that's a good indication.
  • scootero1211k
    Options
    I've got an Ultra and I'm a huge fan. It's worth the $80 and then some, especially if you can stick with the MFP stuff. It definitely takes the guesswork out of the calories you burn from walking/running/elliptical/treadmill/stairclimber. However, I have had mixed results using it on a bike - if it's clipped to my waistband it doesn't track anything, but if it's on my sock sometimes it will. The sleep tracking is sorta useless in my opinion.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I have a one and I love it! I didn't want a flex because I'm a baker so I'm constantly using my hands/arms which I was worried would count as steps plus the one is far more discrete :D
  • rhcfam
    Options
    I have a One and really enjoy it! I don't sync it with MFP so I won't get so confused on my cals. I log my exercise and food on MFP and just use the stats on my One to keep me active...Works for me!
  • Studiousone75
    Studiousone75 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Ultra and the Fitbit One. The One is still in the box. I'm using the Ultra at the moment since you can use one Fitbit at a time to track with. Don't regret it one moment having the Fitbit device. It was an eye-opener on my activity (more active than I thought), and it helps me know where I stand for steps, flights of stairs, calories burned and other things.
  • OzarkNana
    OzarkNana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not a fan. It constantly was dumping my daily stats, it often didn't sync well with the computer unless "forced" and the tech support was really bad. I think mine is in the bottom drawer in the kitchen. I picked up a regular pedometer on Amazon that figures steps, aerobic minutes, calories etc. It cost less than $30 and works like a charm.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I got my at New Years and LOVE IT. Remember it is a pedometer not a magic bullet - I use a HRM for exercise other than walking but the most valuable thing to me is that the Fitbit keeps me accountable to my commitment to myself and my heart to do a minimum of 10,000 steps a day. My quality of life is well improved - in that it makes me get away from my computer and report writing etc and out for walks!
  • cyndiwilliams1198
    Options
    I have a fit bit one...I Love it! I have actually turned around going to work when I realized I had forgotten it. I like that you can attach it to your bra and not worry about loosing it. I had lost several that go on your waist. It makes me get up and move on my days off when I have been too lazy LOL.
  • Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for a couple of months and I still adore it. I really feel that it has made my weightloss journey easier. Best $100 I've ever spent!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I love it
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    I love my One bc its only around my wrist at night, the rest of the time its clipped to my bra and you can't even tell it's there. Its really useful, I think. I found that most days I burn a little more than MFP projects for my lifestyle, but less than MFP projects for say "walking at incline for 10 min" or other entries. I use it in tandem with an HRM for heavy work outs.