Do you love your fitbit?

Options

Replies

• kmcguire93
    kmcguire93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the ultra, although I did not pay for it, my boss got it for me & my coworkers since our company had partnered with MFP, I wear mine everyday & although I dont sync it as much as I used to, I still like to see the steps I'm taking - needless to say, I still LOVE my fitbit ultra :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I have an Ultra and love it. I hope to upgrade to a One for either my birthday or Xmas. The only downside I've had with it is I can't get a replacement for my broken belt clip. Customer service wanted a copy of my receipt to mail a replacement and I didn't have it.

I find the calorie tracking/counting is as accurate as anything. likely moreso because I wear it all the time.
  • daimere
    daimere Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 ultras and looooooove it. My last ultra was having issues and I was able to get a one for $50. It makes me so much more motivated when I have one! And I find it's the best to count my steps. The only issue is when I do bellydance class and I do lots of shimmies. Wooo kinda cheats it a bit!
  • jjinteso
    jjinteso Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    I got my Flex at the end of August. I love the product but hate the website and support. There is little documentation, and very little support.

I did find that I push myself more every day to try and get more steps in. I have also been wearing a pedometer to determine accuracy. They vary during the day (one higher/one lower then reverse), but by night, they are pretty close.

I have not been able to replicate their calories burned, however, they must be fairly accurate. In early August, I was VERY sedentary. Desk job, sat in the recliner at home etc. I started doing 7500 to 11000 steps per day. Last weekend, my body started going into starvation mode. I looked at my "net calories" and they were averaging 658 per day over a 2 week period. I fixed that and am feeling better.

I also like the friendly competition. I found a small group of people on MFP who are also on the Fitbit site. We have a daily or weekly friendly competition. We have also helped each other out with issues, etc.

Overall, I would recommend it!!!
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It's a love/hate relationship 'cause it nibbles away at my daily calorie allotment like an annoying little tapeworm, forcing me to go out and exercise.
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my One! I would highly recommend the One over the Flex as it counts stairs and gives you detailed stats on the go (time, steps, calories burned, miles walked). I use it as a watch and stopwatch often, and I love the silent alarm. It's the first alarm clock that's ever worked for me. I think the Flex also has the alarm, but not the other on-the-go features.

I sync mine wirelessly with a tablet, would not love it half as much if I had to use the USB.

I wear it as a necklace, on a cord, and move it to my bra for formal occasions. I never take it off except to shower. Hope you get One!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and I like it. It motivates me to get moving. I initially just used it without any goals to see how much I was moving daily. I was practically a sloth. I was only moving enough to stay alive. I started with a 5000 step goal and I increase it weekly by 500 steps. It works. There are parts I don't care about like how much sleep I'm getting. I find it interesting but I'm not sure how accurate that feature is because it's based on movement. Overall, I would recommend it to anyone who is really interested in increasing their movement.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Aaahhh! How do you sync it wireless with the tablet? I want to know! I love love my FitBit One. My only complaint would be the syncing. I rarely use my computer and it forces me to go turn on the computer if I want it to sync.
    I havent had mine long, but would definitely say go with the One. The clock, timer, silent, alarm, always available stats, multiple readings; including flights of stairs, calories burned and steps. The sleep monitoring; time spent in bed, times awaken, how restless you are and time spent sleeping. Plus, your progress flower that grows or shrinks. I really get moving more if I see my flower is small.
    TheOne is definitely my pick of the FitBits.
  • jjinteso
    jjinteso Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options

I sync mine wirelessly with a tablet, would not love it half as much if I had to use the USB.

I would love to know how you sync with a tablet too. I have a flex but would like to see if I can get it to work too... Please PM me if you don't want to post it on here.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a fan. Got mine in November and was instantly hooked. My Fitbit One is on me 24/7 (except when showering). I eye it often to see how much I'm moving. For me, the actual data is very motivating as a way to be active and accountable. I can no longer lie to myself about how much I'm moving; the damn thing doesn't lie. I do sync mine to MFP and really see no problems: I log food and exercise on MFP and let Fitbit do its thing reconciling the calories (so it won't double-count from my intentional gym-type exercise which I enter manually). The One counts floors and the first thing I found was that I had been avoiding stairs. Now I welcome them and get an average of 20 per day. I've considered the Flex, and might get one someday), but not sure if I'd like the lack of a display on the device itself which the One does have. Also, it's very visible on the wrist while I can hide the One on a bra strap. I talk up the Fitbit all the time and definitely have no regrets. I've tried conventional pedometers over the years but was constantly bugged at their inconsistencies and downright inaccuracies, plus they were very particular about where on your body you could wear it. The Fitbit is right on, consistent, and you can carry it in a pocket, clip it on your shirt, bra strap, wherever.
  • chickenchaser78
    chickenchaser78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have the ultra and love it. I find I do much better when I'm wearing it...its an added measure of knowing how active I really am being. I like how tight it fits against my bra. I lost my first one (must have popped off somehow when I was shopping), contacted the company and they sent me another one. I couldn't believe it.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I would love to know how you sync with a tablet too. I have a flex but would like to see if I can get it to work too... Please PM me if you don't want to post it on here.

I believe you'd need a tablet with Bluetooth 4.0, the same as syncing with a smartphone, though I may be wrong?
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    My wife has a Fitbit Flex, I have a Jawbone UP. Both work quite well and having it there on your wrist is if anything a reminder to get to stepping more often. We both have an almost addictive tendency to get our steps up for the day and beat each other but we've noticed the Flex seems to give my wife a lot more steps in an average day than my UP does when we've both been out together for a few hours and compare our numbers.

Just as a possible explanation, I take 1 1/2-2 steps to my husband's 1. Our strides are different and his legs are longer than mine. The only time our steps are the same is when we walk hand-in-hand and he deliberately slows down. Otherwise, I take more steps than him even though we cover the same distance. :)

**edit: I absolutely love my fitbit one. I don't think you will regret spending the $100.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My husband and I compare our Fitbit numbers and I find that for me to go 5 miles I have to take approx. 12,000 steps, but he can get his 5 miles with about 10K steps. Just a difference in stride...
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yes! I owe my weight loss to using my Fitbit One to track calories burned.

I ran it through the washer after only a few weeks and it died. I was devastated and ordered another and had it shipped overnight and only lost a day of measurements. That was a costly mistake, but easily the best money I ever spent because it helped me stay on track to lose 40 lbs in eight months and get down to a normal weight. I don't think I'd have been anywhere as successful by just counting calories/macros and using rough estimates for calories burned. Other than charging it while shaving and showering, I wear it all time. Tracking my sleep was an added benefit I wasn't sure I needed, but now, I can't imagine not also tracking that.

Second to my Fitbit, I also love my Aria scale. Weight and body fat are automatically updated online at every morning weigh in.

Less time counting and recording by using technology leaves more time for better food preparation and exercise. And the total cost is still less than what many people pay for weight loss programs that wouldn't be anywhere as effective for me.
  • tedens711
    Options
    Well, I think I've been talked into the fitbit one. Thanks for all the replies, I'll be looking for fitbit friends next!
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Have been using a fitbit ultra since Oct 2011. I stopped wearing it for a while and completely lost my motivation. It is an essential piece of fitness equipment for me.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Do you guys notice if it counts phantom steps while driving? I've tried other electronic pedometers and constantly have this problem since I have a long commute to and from work. I saw one poster mention it, but didn't know if it was a fluke or a common issue.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've been a Fitbit fan for years ... now I've gotten two more (for my two oldest boys, one a Flex, the other a One), my parents both got Ones, and my brother just got a One too. We're a Fitbit family.

The Fitbit makes a regular appearance on my blog - here's a post I did about all it does
    http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/wondering-about-fitbit.html
  • catsandbooks
    catsandbooks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for a couple of months and I still adore it. I really feel that it has made my weightloss journey easier. Best $100 I've ever spent!

I completely agree! I got the flex; I was a little concerned because I hate things on my wrist, but I thought having to pin it to my bra or whatever every day would be more annoying. Now I don't even notice I'm wearing it. The only times I take it off are to charge it or when I shower. (I *could* wear it in the shower, but then I just have to take it off to dry underneath it so it is easier to take it off.) I get such a thrill when it goes off for reaching my goal steps.