What should be my calorie goal? 5'8" female

Options
I'm 5' 8" weighing in at 188 last I checked but I had clothes on and I'm so bloated from junk so it's less than that a tad.
My goal is 125. (No this is not low - I need a very slim n' trim build for running)

What I'm having trouble figuring out is the best daily calorie goal for myself? I was thinking around 1200-1500 for maximum weight loss.
Any tips? Thanks! :) Feel free to add me too

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" weighing in at 188 last I checked but I had clothes on and I'm so bloated from junk so it's less than that a tad.
    My goal is 125. (No this is not low - I need a very slim n' trim build for running)

What I'm having trouble figuring out is the best daily calorie goal for myself? I was thinking around 1200-1500 for maximum weight loss.
    Any tips? Thanks! :) Feel free to add me too

How often do you workout (hour wise)

How much are you trying to lose a week?
  • emalinemartin
    emalinemartin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do 60 minutes. Whether it's low calorie burn walking or high intensity circuit training (occasionally). It varies.

And I would like it to be 2lbs
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    2lbs might not be realistic for you. I'm 5'9.5" 185 and with MFP's allowance I have a goal of 1560 net calories/day for a 1lb/week loss.

Edit: and I also workout 1.5-2 hours a day, 5 days a week, cardio and strength.
  • Achrya
    Options
    My goal is to do 60 minutes. Whether it's low calorie burn walking or high intensity circuit training (occasionally). It varies.

And I would like it to be 2lbs

I'm going to agree with the other poster. 1531 is what I got for you at Sedentary (which would allow you to add your exercise calories/eat exercise calories back) for 1 pound a week. For two pounds a week you'd have to drop to around 1000 calories, which isn't advisable.
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    freedieting.com, very helpful, ive found most sites are similar!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.75" and 163lbs. I eat 2000 calories to lose a half pound a week. My goal is 150.

I'd start with 1600-1800. 1200 isn't enough.
  • Achrya
    Options
    freedieting.com, very helpful, ive found most sites are similar!

Meh. This ones is telling me I need to eat 1590 to lose a pound a week, but I averaged 1750 and lost 1.2 pounds a week last month. I'd have to move it all the way up to 'Works out everyday' to get an amount close to my goal of 1825.

I, and many others, like http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/.
  • tweedy_luv
    Options
    I think you should stop weighing yourself at this point, and start looking at your inches. When running you build muscle in your legs and that can weigh more then fat. Being more focused on inches can do WAY MORE for you then just loosing weight. That is if your goal is to run long distance.