What is your favorite fruit right now and why?

Options

Replies

• tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Bananas.

Always have. Always will be.

• SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Kiwi because they are rich in vitamine C and sweet and I live in New Zealand
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    pineapples! because they are juicy, soooo sweet and flavorful, and look like a party :love:
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, low carb!! (:
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Wild plums
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Bananas. They thicken my post-workout protein shake nicely when blended and add good complex carbs + dat potassium ;)
  • fufi04
    Options
    Bananas. They thicken my post-workout protein shake nicely when blended and add good complex carbs + dat potassium ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I could've sworn bananas were simple carbs...
  • TheRealOrson
    Options
    the carbohydrates in a banana are fructose and fiber. Fructose is one of the best carbohydrates you can eat. It does not spike your insulin ( very much). The banana will be digested rather slowly, as it is. It probably does not contain very much fructose, either....maybe 8 grams at the most.

So it's a bit more complicated than just labeling it simple or complex.....I probably should have not used either term really =P

Also, it depends on how ripe or under-ripe it is. Very under-ripe bananas have a lot of starch in them and may be considered to be a complex carb. As the banana ripens, much of that starch converts to fructose and therefore, a very ripe banana would be considered to be a simple carb. But like I said, fructose doesn't spike your insulin levels.
  • iamwilso
    iamwilso Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    either way bang a banana in ya shakes and your good to go
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Blue berries .. always!
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Bananas (with little cinnamon) yummy!
  • fufi04
    Options
    the carbohydrates in a banana are fructose and fiber. Fructose is one of the best carbohydrates you can eat. It does not spike your insulin ( very much). The banana will be digested rather slowly, as it is. It probably does not contain very much fructose, either....maybe 8 grams at the most.

So it's a bit more complicated than just labeling it simple or complex.....I probably should have not used either term really =P

Also, it depends on how ripe or under-ripe it is. Very under-ripe bananas have a lot of starch in them and may be considered to be a complex carb. As the banana ripens, much of that starch converts to fructose and therefore, a very ripe banana would be considered to be a simple carb. But like I said, fructose doesn't spike your insulin levels.

Yes, thank you for copying & pasting that from Bodybuilding.com lol
  • trippymace
    Options
    I'm allergic to most fruits. The only ones I can stand are some apples (although only the ones that were grown on my parents' apple tree, weirdly enough) and bananas, so I'm going with those! :)
  • TheRealOrson
    Options
    I'm on there all the time and have viewed this very discussion regarding bananas before....seemed easier :/

Thanks for copying & pasting my post into google to check it =P Answered your question though hey?

Heaven forbid anyone should recycle information on the internet!!! :O
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    dragon pears they are just so yummy and pretty too
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

I am just happy for the information I don't understand you gripe
  • fufi04
    Options
    I'm on there all the time and have viewed this very discussion regarding bananas before....seemed easier :/

Thanks for copying & pasting my post into google to check it =P Answered your question though hey?

Heaven forbid anyone should recycle information on the internet!!! :O

Actually, I didn't do that. I read it recently& I too am on there a lot :tongue:
  • fufi04
    Options

I am just happy for the information I don't understand you gripe

Who's griping? It was a joke...hence the "lol"
  • TheRealOrson
    Options
    Anyway....lets not get butt-hurt.

I got the "lol".....it's all good :D

The end result is that bananas are great! Trust me, I'm Bananaman
  • fufi04
    Options