Ladies: How many lbs have you lost to drop a bra band size?

Options

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have lost some in my breast but not full cup sizes or anything I am still a C I had lost a lot more weight a few years ago though and went from a DD to a B maybe because I had a lot more to lose?
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I never lost band size, just cup size. But basically, my ribs are just covered with skin.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've lost 47 pounds and gone down 1 band size. I was a 40D but now wear a 38DD. I thought that was odd, because they didn't get any bigger but my cup size was bigger :huh: I asked the woman that does the measuring and she said unless your breasts themselves actually shrink, if you go down a band size you go up a cup size. So I guess it all depends on where you lose the weight from.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20lbs in total and in that time I have gone down a band size
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's true that the bra size can vary from bra to bra and many of us were not properly measured initially. My rib cage measurement is 26 inches and I can wear bands that range from 26 to 30, but usually I wear 28 (that is the smallest size that is available, although it can be hard to find). And if I go up to a 30, it is usually because the bra bands are made smaller (intentionally for petites) and it's actually still a 28 or smaller band size. To find a good fit, I need to try the bras on and see.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 8lbs so far and about 1/2 inch for the band, which puts me really close to dropping to a 34 band instead of a 36. Have yet to lose any breast inches but since my breasts were smaller when I was 20lbs lighter I'm hoping they get smaller in the process as well.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It's quite fascinating to see how everyone's body reacts differently. I lost 15 pounds and went down 3 band sizes! Only lost an inch and a half off my waist, though. :grumble:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    29 lbs and went from 38 to 34 :-)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    48 lbs took me from a 36 to a 34, bordering toward 32. My weight was distributed pretty evenly, if that matters. I didn't carry more of it in one area over the other.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I had kind of a dramatic change at first, but now I seem to be holding steady. After 5 pounds, I lost about 4 inches around my rib cage, so I went from a 36 to a 34. But my cup size seems to be staying the same. I was a 36B, now a 34C.
  • GoldJackieG
    GoldJackieG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At 28 pounds lost - gone from 42 to 39 - cup size is only marginally less though
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    None but I was squeezing myself into too small bras before cause they didnt make pretty ones in the bigger sizes
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I really hope to go down a band size.
    You just can't buy a 40A here.
  • clockthatticks
    clockthatticks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've lost roughly 20lbs and have yet to see a decrease in boob size of any kind. Not sure if happy or not though...I like my girls.
  • staceygreen110
    Options
    I started out June 15, 2013 at 275.5 lbs and 40DD. I am down to 204 now and just had to go to 38C. I'm trying to figure out how many new bras to but though because I don't want to waste alot of money. I can feel my rib cage from the front and the back so part of me thinks that is the smallest I'll go band wise but would appreciate any thoughts.......
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends on genetics unfortunately! My band size hasn't moved in 20 lbs.
  • lottieruby
    Options
    I went from 175lb to 147lb and went from a 36B to a 32DD. However, I never got measured properly so it is possible that the 36B didnt actually fit in the first place. I'm hoping to get down to 138lb, and am hoping that my bra size remains the same, or goes down to a 32D to make it easier to find bras. Especially as I have shallow breasts, which thank god look smaller than they are but make it so hard to find bras that look flattering. I'm a pear shape though so I am hoping I just loose the weight off of my stomach, hips and thighs.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Last year, I los 80 pounds and went down 1 cup size.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This is a fascinating post OP. In 39lbs lost at 5' 6", I've gone from a 40JJ to a 36J.
    It's so interesting to see how our bodies differ in response to weight loss.
  • kelr101
    kelr101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 lbs and gone from a 36G (Professionally measured) to a 32FF although am close to a 30FF being on almost the tightest band catch :)

Most of mine has gone in the last 2 months...started January 2014