NSV - Just ran longer than I have ever in my life!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• pollypocket3
    pollypocket3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I had a smaller milestone Friday when I did a mile nonstop for the first time - EVER. Never in high school when they made you run it was I able to do it.. I would sprint walk, sprint to make up for lost time, walk and catch my breath. I plan on getting my way to a 5k for next year!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I seem to find that the days I have to work hardest to push myself out of the door for my run are the days I do best!
  • meandmylads
    meandmylads Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow - you guys are wonderful supporters! I can't wait to post about my next "win" so that I can hear you all tell me how great I am. :wink: I'm still on top of the world. My muscles have that pleasant I've-been-used feel to them today. I feel like they must be hulking out with every step I take. Then I look down and see they look quite normal. Oh well, I'm still enjoying the though. I agree with you all - this was such a huge mental barrier. The idea that I couldn't run a 5k seems laughable now!

Congrats! I can so relate to your post, I never thought I could be a runner (even as a child I was always the last one in the pack during the Canada fitness runs), but apparently the only thing stopping me was my mindset. After months of interval runs, my training plan is set so that I run a straight 25 minutes next Sunday - I'm terrified and excited at the same time. I always force myself to go on my "down" days too, because I feel so much better afterwards.

I'm a little jealous of this btw. I posted a topic recently about the desire to run on my "off" days. I can't really say that I (yet) enjoy the actual running part, but I do love the overall experience. The biochemical feel-good I get is unmatched by any other activity I've done. But, sadly, I've regularly found that I still really need the recovery days. If I try two days in a row (even at a lower level), my performance suffers. On the third day, I'm shattered. I look forward to the day when I'll be able to run several days in a row. :)

Oh no - by "down" days I meant days where I feel crabby and discouraged. I always take "off" days to recover. I try to run Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, and I do a core class on Tuesday and Power Yoga on Thursday. I find those classes are really helping build my core and upper body strength, which is really important to me as well.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I juuuust finished C25K & that was the day I didnt think I could make it through. You can officially DO IT! Not a small achievement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!