Lean Cuisine

Options
2»

Replies

• sillyshamrock11
    sillyshamrock11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I keep a few on hand for emergency lunches/dinners, but the sodium content is extrememly high. I wouldn't use them for everyday eating. Remember to always drink plenty of water too.

Yes, I agree with this. I'm doing Weight Watchers, so I keep a few of these, along with the Smart Ones, on hand for quick eats, at a low point total. And then if I'm still hungry, I'll eat some fruit, veggies, light yogurt, etc.

10502468.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I eat them every now and again (having one tonight for dinner, actually). I'd say maybe once a week. Usually on a night when hubby's not home and I don't want to do any cooking. Most have about 300 cal. / 500 mg sodium, which is good for a frozen meal. I try to pair it with a fresh veggie salad of some sort to balance it out. There are lots of them without preservatives, too...

This is exactly how I use them as well. My hubby doesnt dine with me on Sunday so if I'm not feeling like cooking I usually will have one for a quick dinner, but I also pair it with a salad or something. And of course drink plenty of water. :flowerforyou:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Is anyone out there having any success losing weight eating Lean Cuisine dinners, or should we stay away from them all together?

I've heard they're making people puke.
  • smmadsen
    smmadsen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't think any of us would chose frozen dinners in the past, but we live in a hectic, crazy time and don't always have time to cook ahead our meals.
    I do like to be prepared as much as I can but with 4 kids and working full time they come in handy when I have to grab something for a meeting and know I don't have time.
    I know they have alot of sodium but everything does now a days. Eating out is packed with sodium.
    However, if you are healthy and do not have blood pressure or other health issues I think it is perfectly fine to eat them when needed.
    It is also a good idea to pair and apple, carrot sticks or salad with it. That way it gives fills you up more and provides fresh nutrients.
    Good luck with your decision.
    Our opinions are just that. Our opinions. It is whatever works for you that will help you be healthier!
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    I usually have one for lunch. I really like them. I am not gaining by eating them.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You could do a lot better...but you could also do a lot worse.

I ate them frequently when I first started losing weight; they were very convenient and I loved the built-in portion control. Eventually I got tired of them and realized I could make them myself with better ingredients and more nutrients.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I like them, also WW smart ones, healthy choice too, but they do have high sodium , so push water...
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them for lunch and now I don't even know what I was thinking. They all taste like crap, are high in sodium and it's better for me diet wise and financially to buy groceries and make my lunch.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have them every once in a while if they are on sale, but I typically find them to be expensive & don't include very much food.
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i ate the healthy choice cafe steamers for 2 months for lunch everyday and still had lots of success with weight loss. I try to mix it up more now just to keep lunch interesting

I definitely love this and they are a good choice for taste, cals and for a meal, good on the salt content usually between 300-500mg. I stock up when they're on sale and they're cheaper AND healthier than me getting 2 crunchy fresco tacos at Taco Bell with A LOT less sodium.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    They can be somethin thats good to take to lunch at work, but I try to eat more organic so when I get that type of stuff I will get like Amy's brand instead. But they are kind of expensive, so not something I have often. They are low cal though. I wouldn't use them for dinner though because I wouldn't be satisfied with that portion size lol but good lunch ideas!
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    yep, eat one every day for lunch with a dannon light and fit greek yogurt. I drink plenty of water to try and offset the sodium and then I watch my sodium intake the rest of the day. I've consistently lost weight so I don't seem to see it as a problem. Everyone has their opinions though and their ideals. If you're trying to watch certain aspects of your diet or eat "clean" then lean cuisine isn't going to do it for you. If you need convienience then it's pretty darn easy (which is why I do it).
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I had great success with "frozen box meals" in the early days of my weight loss. It does not matter if they are diet/low calorie as long as you read the nutrition label. They are excellent for portion control. Whatever works for you to jump start your journey and stay on track... that is your best option!
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I eat them. Healthy Choice cafe steamers are better. Amy's are the best, but they're expensive. I don't know why everyone is so concerned about the sodium content, I eat one almost every day and my sodium intake is usually 2000 mg or less. Most of them are between 15-25% of your daily sodium limit which I don't find ridiculously high.