Does this count??

Options
I am exhausted - I spent all day today working for a friend of mine in her consignment store.

I stood the entire time - 5 1/2 hours and went through consignments & helped customers.

Can any of this count as exercise?? I looked in the data base and "fishing standing on a bank" burned 421 calories an hour...

I'm only asking cuz I am exhausted and have no desire to exercise but would like to have said I did! Don't I sound so lazy??

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If it was me I wouldnt log it, kinda a bonus
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    I wouldn't either :frown:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You burned more calories than you normally would, but I can bet it wasnt 400 an hour.........and I fished before.......I was lucky to stay awake, let alone burn 400 calories :laugh:

If you are hungry, you might need a few hundred calorie snack. Nuts, cheese and crackers, something healthy. Sometimes when I work hard I will have an extra glass of milk.......

I bet it was fun! I love consignment stores!!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If it was me I wouldnt log it, kinda a bonus

It's not about logging it, its really can I say to myself I have exercised and then not go on a bike ride? or take the dog for a walk? I'm tired :)
  • messyhare
    Options
    You burned more calories than you normally would, but I can bet it wasnt 400 an hour.........and I fished before.......I was lucky to stay awake, let alone burn 400 calories :laugh:

If you are hungry, you might need a few hundred calorie snack. Nuts, cheese and crackers, something healthy. Sometimes when I work hard I will have an extra glass of milk.......

I bet it was fun! I love consignment stores!!

I love consignment stores too - this one used to me mine but I sold it my friend, hence I still have to work it on occasion. I would much rather shop one than work one!!

I am hungry but only cuz I just got home and am getting ready to make my dinner and eat.

Thanks for your response - I'm just being silly :)
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, so I stand for at least seven hours every day. I still managed to gain all this weight, so I don't think it's a good calorie burner. After teaching all day I still come home and put in my 45 minutes of Zumba. There are days when I feel like I'm going to fall over, but I do it. Took me awhile to get to that point though.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm a hostess at a restaurant. I log my standing at 50 calories an hour. And I eat those calories. I looked up standing on the internet and got about 5 different answers, 50 was the average. I also walk around a lot but I log my work days only as standing. If I did this everyday I would just increase my activity level setting, but because I only do it occasionally, I log it as exercise. I hope you find a way that works for you.
  • messyhare
    Options
    I'm a hostess at a restaurant. I log my standing at 50 calories an hour. And I eat those calories. I looked up standing on the internet and got about 5 different answers, 50 was the average. I also walk around a lot but I log my work days only as standing. If I did this everyday I would just increase my activity level setting, but because I only do it occasionally, I log it as exercise. I hope you find a way that works for you.
    You are right! I did a search for calories burned just standing and it was actually higher than 50. I really only posted the question to poke fun at myself but I think I'm going to just go bed telling myself I DID burn some calories! Thanks!
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    How does fishing burn over 400 calories an hour? I barely burn 450/hour on the elliptical or treadmill.
  • BexC
    BexC Posts: 53
    Options
    How does fishing burn over 400 calories an hour? I barely burn 450/hour on the elliptical or treadmill.

Thats exactly what I thought! :D
  • messyhare
    Options
    No clue! I wondered that myself - it's in the exercise data base...
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    No clue! I wondered that myself - it's in the exercise data base...

OH WAIT!! Maybe they were referring to pulling in Moby ****!!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    you realize that everyone is going to go to the data base and put in fishing now....LOL
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    you realize that everyone is going to go to the data base and put in fishing now....LOL

:laugh: what are you talking about? I am begging my hubs to TAKE me fishing right now!! 400 cals to sit on the bank and fish, I am IN!!:bigsmile:
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Yea lets all go fishing !!!!!!!!!