What is your motivation?

Options

Replies

• osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm done being morbidly obese and will have a six pack. End of story.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I wants to have babies, lots of babies.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My wedding photos. I got married in June last year and when the photos came back I cried. Everyone was ruined because I looked 3 months pregnant in them. And I wasn't. The combination of that and having to remove clothing from my closet that had gotten too tight for the second time in three months just made me say "enough is enough". My lifestyle change also came from the reality that my reactive hypoglycemia was out of control and my doc started throwing around phrases like "insulin resistance" and "type 2 diabetes". All these things combined forced me to take a good hard look at myself and ask myself what I was willing to do about all these things.

Hit goal weight in March this year and am maintaining.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    To lose the baby weight......from 19 years ago!!!! I have been through so much in the last 19 years. Two kids born with a rare neuromuscular condition, a horrible marriage and nasty divorce, hypothyroidism, 3 surgeries, a car wreck and finally meeting the man of my dreams and being truly happy. I put on all this weight because I had too many other things that I was focusing on and worrying about. I want to be an example and inspiration to others who want to give up on life like I did. I want to finally take care of me :)
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of being 'the fat chick with the great personality'. All my life I seem to made other things my priority; my family, my friends, my schooling, my husband, then my family again. It's a cycle that I've been working hard to break. Because I have every right to make myself a priority in my life. And it's not cruel or selfish to think that way about it. I AM important and it's about time I started treating myself that way.

On a lighter note (tee hee), I'm DYING to be a MILF, and I feel I'm finally going the right way about it. ^_~
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have always admired atheles. The time and dedication they put into their sport is amazing.

I always wanted to be more athletic and have six pack abs so I decided to get more serious about weight loss and being more active.

I had started off keeping my food journal by hand till my cousin let me know about MFP.

Now, I want to be a healthy example for my daughter. Our kids really do watch us and emulate us, so this is very important to me.

Plus, seeing results keeps me going!
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My kid. I learned bad eating from my mom and I didn't want to pass it on. Besides, mommy is no fun when she hides from cameras and has low self esteem.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    On a lighter note (tee hee), I'm DYING to be a MILF, and I feel I'm finally going the right way about it. ^_~

We should start a MILF club.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I was just wondering what made you guys decide to use MFP? What made you decide it was time to change the way you eat and exercise and just be healthy? In my case, I just want to be happier. I want to be healthy so that eventually after I graduate from university and get I job, have kids and have the energy to do all the things I want to do. I want to get healthy now for my future. I don't want my health to be a barrier in a few years.
    What about you guys?

well I need to stay fit and healthy to keep up with my younger man:happy:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Being noticed by chics.....befote the junk pic...
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I was just wondering what made you guys decide to use MFP? What made you decide it was time to change the way you eat and exercise and just be healthy? In my case, I just want to be happier. I want to be healthy so that eventually after I graduate from university and get I job, have kids and have the energy to do all the things I want to do. I want to get healthy now for my future. I don't want my health to be a barrier in a few years.
    What about you guys?

well I need to stay fit and healthy to keep up with my younger man:happy:

Great reason!:laugh:
  • christou84
    christou84 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Being healthy is my 1st motivation! all the others (skinny clothes, great example to my kids, be satisfied of what i see in mirrors and pics) are also important :)
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I was married to very abusive man that was crushing my spirit and i couldn't take it anymore. I decided that i wanted to leave him but knew i couldn't take care of my kids the way i was. I only worked part time and i was so lethargic due to the depression of being in that situation and that i was 370lbs. So i decided my first step towards leaving him was getting myself healthier for my children. i needed to lose weight so i could have the energy needed to hold down a job and raise my 3 kids on my own. so i started without telling a soul. i lost 50lbs before anyone noticed. i found a job that i'm still at now. i saved my money for a lawyer and kept working on regaining my health. i learned to eat right by reading these message boards and looking through other stuff on line. i had healthy dinners thrown out by my ex because he refused to eat "that crap." He started capping my grocery budget. telling me i could spend $20 for 2 weeks of groceries so he better not see any of that vegetable or fruit *kitten* in the house because he would know i was spending more. It took me 11 months from when i had started to think of my exit strategy till i was able to get away from him.
    because of him, i lost my house. I struggle financially to give my kids the things they want. but..... i am on my own 2 feet. I am strong. I am healthy. I am beautiful. I am a good mother. I am a person that my kids look up to for getting them away from him. best of all......I AM HAPPY!!!!!
    I have energy now to play with my kids. I have taught them to eat well so that hopefully they never get to where i was. I have taught them to respect themselves enough to never let someone treat them that way.
    that was my rock bottom and now i am here, and it's only getting better from here. :happy:
  • purplebohemian
    Options
    I'm not going to lie and say that my family is my first source of motivation--they motivate me, but I have other things that are driving me to want to lose weight and be healthy.

Don't judge my reasons...

I bought slutty looking panties years ago as a motivator, and have YET to wear them, or even fit into them. Enough is enough. Time to finally get those things on and look good. Before I am "too old" to wear something like that.

My mother-in-law. We don't get along at all... She has always struggled and griped about her weight. I'd love to slim down and look good because I know it will irritate the heck out of her. :happy:

I've been dying to get a tattoo for years, and I finally figured out that I want to get a tattoo sleeve. Personally, I don't want to go in with huge flabby arms, and I want my design to have a nice surface to be displayed on.

I want to look good naked.

And I want to be healthier.

I want to enjoy shopping for clothing and not have to worry that I will be too fat for certain clothes.

Boots. I've been dying to get some new leather boots for years. But with huge calves, it's impossible to find any that fit.

Hope I don't sound like a jerk now... :embarassed:
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    In reference to working out.........Like Shaun T says......"I want to look good"

that pretty much sums it up..........but really I want to be healthy and a motivation for others.....and look good.
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    2 real motivations when its all boiled down

the first, to look and feel amazing as most posts have already said.

the second is litterally just to prove to myself that i can. a challenge i want to push through.
  • RyanDryFly
    RyanDryFly Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I got a reality check from my doctor telling my I'm pre-DIABETIC!!! Time for a big change.
  • AmeliaBranco
    AmeliaBranco Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    About a year ago I quit smoking (September 24th) I wanted to be healthier for my daughters and husband. As the year progressed so did my weight. But I quit smoking right! That was a good thing. Well, back in June I decided that I needed to start losing some of that added weight. I started Zumba classes and started paying more attention to my eating, another good thing.

WHAM! in July I developed a back problem and it's severe, in fact I have an appointment with a back surgeon next month. Part of July and most of August I spent my time going from work to my bed at home. As you can imagine this inactivity leads to more weight gain.

So last weekend I went to dinner with some friends and we took a picture. Did I really look like that! Who is that person! As many of you can imagine it was very depressing. I made the decision to start losing some weight, however slowly it may be. I needed to take control now while I can. I downloaded the app last night and logged in at work this morning. I figure that I need all the help I can get.

Wish me luck!
  • PurplePolkaDot84
    PurplePolkaDot84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run a 5k and do everything I've always felt to big to do. I was so tired of being exhausted and unhappy. I don't look like the person I feel I am inside. Also better sex to be blunt. Sorry TMI lol
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't hold onto any particular motivation so much as I hold onto perseverance. I'm going to do this, no matter what.

It sucks to leave work and run 5 miles every day, but I do it because I feel fantastic and alive afterwards.
This discussion has been closed.