Pet peeves and petty annoyances

Options

Replies

• kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    - When I'm wearing headphones and people try to talk to me.
    - A general lack of common sense.
    - Know it all's/one uppers.
    - Chewing with your mouth open.
    - People who do nothing health/fitness related trying to give me advice on my lifestyle change.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    - When I'm wearing headphones and people try to talk to me.

I like coming up to people with headphones on and moving my lips like I'm talking to them, but then when they take off their headphones and try to ask me what I said, I look at them funny, and say... I'm on the phone.

The best part is when they realize a moment or so later that I'm not wearing a bluetooth.
  • annaowen67
    Options
    I work in a call center for health insurance. Our departments are compartmentalized. It irritates me to no end when:

People do not call the number on their card, do not enter their ID# before I get their call, and then get mad at me because I have to transfer them to the department that handles their benefits!

People who think they know all the ins and outs of their complex benefit plan and won't listen to the words that come out of my mouth.

People who jump to conclusions without getting all the facts.

There was a saying in my house growing up and I do abide by it. "DON'T THINK, KNOW FOR SURE!"
  • annaowen67
    Options
    ALSO, when I ask a question and instead of giving me a simple answer a person needs to go into their full medical history and all that ails them. Really, I just want you to answer my question because even though you think we have your full medical file or even need it, we don't.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I've just developed a new one. If you're hosting a training seminar or something with both local and remote people, repeat local questions for the benefits of the remote people. I'm listening to this t-conf and people in the room are asking questions that us remote folks can't hear.

*ETA: At least this guy finally realized it and he's just started repeating questions before answering them. :drinker:
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    People who make noise while eating and lick their fingers after eating chips. IT KILLS ME!!
  • nomorebamboozles
    nomorebamboozles Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When people I live with EAT MY FOOD!!!!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Cops that use their flashing lights to go through an intersection...then turn them off. Must smell a fresh batch of donuts.
  • abrodniak
    abrodniak Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    People who drive the wrong direction in a parking lot and then get mad at me because I'm in their way. How hard is it to read an arrow?
    Drivers who speed up in a pedestrian crosswalk.
    People who don't know how to park.
    People who interrupt when I'm trying to talk to someone.
    People who come to visit, or I go visit them, and they talk on the phone most of that time.
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    1.) People who think they're Gods gift to the world.
    2.) People who think they're never wrong.
    3.) People who say they're going to do something and then don't.
    4.) People who continue to lie to your face (instead of coming clean) when you ALREADY know they're lying.
    5.) People who pass me when I'm doing THE SPEED LIMIT. It's the LIMIT for a f*%$ing REASON.
    6.) People who complain about stupid **** (like dirty dishes or unwashed towels) but never seem to do anything.
    7.) People who ask for your advice, yet never seem to ACTUALLY use it; in fact, they do the opposite of what you told them.
    8.) People who cut in front of me only to turn 3 seconds later.
    9.) People who drive up my f^&$ing *kitten* the whole time and barely stop themselves from gracing my bumper at the stop light. IS THAT REALLY GOING TO GET YOU WHERE YOU NEED TO GO ANY FASTER?! JESUS.
    And finally:
    10.) People who stick their noses in places where it doesn't concern them. G-T-F-O.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    People who drive the wrong direction in a parking lot and then get mad at me because I'm in their way. How hard is it to read an arrow?
    Drivers who speed up in a pedestrian crosswalk.
    People who don't know how to park.
    People who interrupt when I'm trying to talk to someone.
    People who come to visit, or I go visit them, and they talk on the phone most of that time.

I had to look twice to make sure you weren't actually me! LOL!
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    - People who text constantly.
    - People who text constantly while in my company - live in the moment!!!
    - People who text constantly while driving.
    - People who let their children sit at a bar in a restaurant
    - People who post everything about their lives on facebook, including photos of their children in the bathtub (hello pedophilia)
    - People who don't wipe down the machines at the gym.
    - People who try to talk to me on the train when I have headphones on.
    - People who bring their child to a $40-a-plate restaurant on a Saturday night at 8PM.
    - People who drive 40mph in the fast lane and fail to understand why everyone is pulling around them.
    - Bikers who think they own the entire road and that they have the right of way over cars, pedestrians, and anyone else.
    - Generally, parents who have nothing better to do but talk about how awesome their kid is/ think their child should be exempt from every rule because of how "mature" they are.
    - Consistently late people.

Jeez, that's a lot. I feel better :drinker: :drinker:
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Cops that use their flashing lights to go through an intersection...then turn them off. Must smell a fresh batch of donuts.
    That's actually called a code 2 response and it is a valid use of lights & sirens. Driving with lights & sirens dramatically increases the chance of accidents happening, so if a call does not need a response using them the entire way, a code 2 response calls for using them only to get around traffic or through a light.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    That's actually called a code 2 response and it is a valid use of lights & sirens. Driving with lights & sirens dramatically increases the chance of accidents happening, so if a call does not need a response using them the entire way, a code 2 response calls for using them only to get around traffic or through a light.

I understand what you are saying, but many times in my city they do it to get through a red light. They don't want to wait. Yesterday on my way home from work a ghost car put on his lights after getting off the hwy. Traffic was at a standstill as usual. He put his lights on, making people think there was an emergency, forcing them to try to move over where there really isn't any room. He almost scraped several cars trying to get through two lanes of packed traffic. When he got to the lights at the intersection he turned his flashing lights off and proceeded to go into the left turn lane, waiting with everyone else. It was obvious he was just trying to get ahead. Many times I see marked cars come up to a red light, they don't want to wait so they put on the lovely lights and as soon as they are through they turn them off and continue on their way at a normal speed. That is was ticks me off.
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    people who chew with their mouth open

WINNER!

My # Pet Peeve....

Sometimes I literally have to remove myself from the situation. We were provided lips for a reason. Close them when you chew please!

The worst is when they chew and moan.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Curious, what about the cops that drive 20+mph OVER the speed limit with reds/blues and no apparent call to respond to? Especially when they're from out-of-town (e.g. not this city/county, nor an adjacent one).
  • dbmata
    Options

and I really dig watching them use that code 2 response to go to a starbucks. It's frickin' awesome.
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Curious, what about the cops that drive 20+mph OVER the speed limit with reds/blues and no apparent call to respond to? Especially when they're from out-of-town (e.g. not this city/county, nor an adjacent one).

That would be against the law.

How do you know they don't have an emergency to respond to?
  • dbmata
    Options

That would be against the law.

How do you know they don't have an emergency to respond to?

Often not hard to find them, their licenses plates are unique letters/numbers....
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    When my attempt to jaywalk actually takes longer than going down the street and crossing at the intersection.