Replies

• katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Put chicken in the crock pot with salsa and black beans and I add jalepeno. Really good stuff.
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I mixed black beans, ground turkey, and homemade taco seasoning. Patty them up and grill. Then top with guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, cheese (pepperjack was my choice), onion, and salsa (okay, maybe not all at once. If you don't want too messy, choose just a couple to put on there.) Delicious! My husband LOVED them.
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    BLACK BEANS AND RICE w/Turkey Kielbasa

7 oz Healthy Choice Smoked Sausage (I use Hillshire Farms Turkey Polska Kielbasa)
    2 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 (14.5 oz) can tomatoes w/ green chilies, undrained
    14 oz. can Fiesta corn, undrained ( I use Green Giant Mexicorn)
    1 tsp Emeril Lagasse essence
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp Fresh garlic

Slice the sausage into small pieces. Add all ingredients to 3 quart slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low for up to 10 hours. Served over brown rice. 1 serving = ½ C cooked brown rice, 1 ¼ Black bean mixture. I doubled this for a bigger slow cooker.

Turkey Kielbasa? \o/ :love:
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I just tried for our Super Bowl Party this weekend. It was great !

Black Bean Salsa
    Serving size: 1/3cupYield: 3-1/2 cups
    Prep 20 mins Chill 4 hrs
    Ingredients
    1-15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 1/2c. chopped, seeded cucumber (1 medium)

1/2 c. chopped tomato (1 medium)

1/2c. sliced green onions (4)

1/4c. lime juice

1 T. snipped fresh cilantro

1 T.olive oil

1/2 t. ground cumin

1/8 t. salt

1/8 t.cayenne pepper

Directions
    1. In a medium bowl combine beans, cucumber, tomato, green onions, lime juice, cilantro, oil, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.

2. Use a slotted spoon to serve salsa over grilled bratwursts, pork, chicken, or salmon.

Nutrition Facts (Black Bean Salsa) cal. (kcal) 35,
    Fat, total (g) 1,
    carb. (g) 6,
    fiber (g) 2,
    pro. (g) 2,
    sodium (mg) 98,
    Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
  • Karrie4
    Karrie4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mix 1 box of brownie mix with 1 can of black beans (Rinse first and then refill can with water until it is level with beans). Prepare as directed omitting all other ingredients! Really quite good!

*Another goodie - Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt mixed with 2T unsweetened cocoa powder + stevia to taste. Freeze and eat with black bean brownie!
  • Toyah35
    Toyah35 Posts: 13
    Options
    throw that ish away! LOL i hate beans but i see black beans in salads and mexican dishes
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    After draining and rinsing a can of low-sodium black beans, I like to put them on a whole-wheat flour tortilla, with a small bit of low fat cheese, some tomatoes and onions (cooked), some spices (my favorite is green chile powder) and top with an egg (cooked over-medium with some non-stick spray)....DELICIOUS!
    One of my favorite go-to meals!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I just tried for our Super Bowl Party this weekend. It was great !

Black Bean Salsa
    Serving size: 1/3cupYield: 3-1/2 cups
    Prep 20 mins Chill 4 hrs
    Ingredients
    1-15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 1/2c. chopped, seeded cucumber (1 medium)

1/2 c. chopped tomato (1 medium)

1/2c. sliced green onions (4)

1/4c. lime juice

1 T. snipped fresh cilantro

1 T.olive oil

1/2 t. ground cumin

1/8 t. salt

1/8 t.cayenne pepper

Directions
    1. In a medium bowl combine beans, cucumber, tomato, green onions, lime juice, cilantro, oil, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.

2. Use a slotted spoon to serve salsa over grilled bratwursts, pork, chicken, or salmon.

Nutrition Facts (Black Bean Salsa) cal. (kcal) 35,
    Fat, total (g) 1,
    carb. (g) 6,
    fiber (g) 2,
    pro. (g) 2,
    sodium (mg) 98,
    Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Yum. Never added cucumber to it before. Gotta try that!
  • bamapeggy
    bamapeggy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for these wonderful recipes.
  • debgoomey
    debgoomey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Black beans, mango (or any favorite fruit) green onions, dash hot sauce, lemon juice and garlic to taste...yummy! I eat it as a side or over a spinach salad instead of dressing.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like them in salads, use them in my burritos or tacos, I also have tried black bean burgers (smashing them and making patties) they are pretty good!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Black beans are a staple for me. I always have to have an extra 3 cans in the pantry, just in case. I love them on all types of salads, regular and taco salads. I also love them mixed up in my quinoa with sauteed veggies. They're awesome in any wrap. Ohhh, and make killer breakfast scrambles! Black bean salsa is a usually a huge hit at any party. I've also had a spicy, warm black bean dip that was really good, just not very good for you. I also REALLY love a creamy, spicy black bean soup in the fall/winter.

Kidney beans are also great for you and I use them in the same manner, just not as often as my yummy black beans.

Definitely gonna have to try the black bean salsa mentioned earlier in this post.
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Black bean & Turkey quesedeas, Turkey chili, 3 bean chili...
    Black bean soup....
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Make soup, chili, dip, refried, just about anything you can do with any other bean you can do with black beans.
  • FrankieB127
    FrankieB127 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump for recipe ideas
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make black bean soup that is delicious and quick to make. (No dry beans to soak.) To feed 4 people, I take 4 cans of black beans, drain and rinse them in a colander. Put the beans in a dutch oven with enough chicken broth just to cover. (Or, you can use water and 2 boullion cubes instead.) Do not put more water than just to cover beans because then the soup will be watery.

Chop up an onion and put that in, along with a little garlic powder . Bring to a boil, then turn heat down and simmer 30 minutes. Take beans off heat, and take a potato masher and mash the beans in the pot for a minute or two. Not all of them will get mashed. The texture comes out thick. If you want the texture more precise, put half of the beans in a food processor until creamy and put them back in the pot with the beans. Taste before adding salt and pepper because the broth adds salt.

I also sometimes add a can of diced tomatoes, and that's good too.

I serve this with low-fat sour cream and grated cheese. It is TOTALLY DELICIOUS and takes very little time!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You can google them for literally millions of recipes.
  • shak29
    shak29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bumping for recipes
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    THIS:
    Black Bean Chocolate Cake
    (makes one 9" round - double recipe to make a layer cake)

1-15 ounce can of black beans
    5 large eggs
    1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    6 tablespoons butter
    1/2 cup honey
    6 tablespoons cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9" cake pan. Dust cocoa all over the inside of the pan, tapping to evenly distribute.

Drain and rinse beans in a strainer. Shake off excess water.
    Place beans, 3 of the eggs, vanilla, and salt into blender. Blend on high until beans are completely liquefied. No lumps!
    Whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
    Beat butter with honey until light and fluffy. Add remaining two eggs, beating for a minute after each addition
    Pour bean batter into egg mixture and mix. Finally, stir in cocoa powder and beat the batter on high for one minute, until smooth.
    Scrape batter into pan and smooth the top - GF batter tends to be thicker than regular cake batter. Tap pan on counter a few times to pop any air bubbles.

Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cake is done when the top is rounded and firm to the touch. After 10 minutes, turn over onto a cooling rack. Let cool until cake reaches room temperature, then cover.
    For BEST flavour, let cake sit over night... I promise it will not have a hint of beaniness after letting it sit !
    If you have doubled the recipe for a layer cake then level the tops with a long serrated knife, shaving off layers until it is flat and even.
    Frost immediately before serving... I use a cocoa buttercream icing....mmmm mmm goodness