water.

Replies

• hazeldixon89
    hazeldixon89 Posts: 32 Member
    You can make natural flavoured fruit water in big jugs just slice up fruits n leave overnight.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water this is a really good site :)
  • lalacroft25
    lalacroft25 Posts: 24 Member
    Yeah herbal tea I could try that. Cool it as well for a nice refreshment.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Ohh I... I live in Dominican Republic and we don't drink tap water...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Oh, FFS.

Just make sure you stay hydrated.

+1

If you hate water, don`t drink it. Keep yourself hydrated - juice, milk, Diet Coke, Kool-Aid, etc..
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Oh, FFS.

Yes, this. There are no magical properties to water if you're already properly hydrated, and there is no reason to drink some randomly decided, non-scientific, arbitrary amount of water if you're already properly hydrated. Drink when you are thirsty, stop when you aren't. What you drink makes no difference, as the primary ingredient in every fluid you can drink is.... WATER!

Water's ONLY advantage is it's free (if you have a decent filter) and it's zero calories. That's it.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    dilute it with whiskey, yum.

:heart:
  • I was never a big fan of water either. But you get used to the taste.
    Just like I grew up drinking southern sweet tea, as in more sugar than tea, LOL
    But now I've weaned myself off and only drink unsweet tea. You just have to make yourself drink it and know it's good for you and healthier. You get used to it.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Water is great. However you don't necessarily need to "drink" any to get enough of it. You get lots of water from food and other beverages. Coffee is my favorite way to get water.
  • tigersword
    I would suggest just sucking it up and drinking water and nothing else and you will learn to like it. Once you get hydrated and feel healthier you'll associate water with feeling good.

However, if you are super insistent on not drinking it plain, there are water additives that aren't exactly the healthiest for you (chemicals and such) like Mio or Crystal Light that are zero calories you can try.

Just make sure you are drinking at least 8 cups of water a day or more.
    OH NO NOT CHEMICALS! Good thing water's not a chemical...
  • TodayImEvolving
    TodayImEvolving Posts: 44 Member
    Infuse it with fruit. Lemons. Strawberries. Get real frisky, add kiwi! ;)
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    I was going to suggest a Brita filter or pitcher, too. My neighbor has one and swears that it has helped her get more water in because water actually tastes GOOD. It's why we got a whole house filtration system and I drink it like crazy now! You could always get the pitcher and put a few slices of lemon, lime, grapefruit, or orange in there. YUM! BTW... what does FFS mean??? First time I've seen that but I'm fairly new here.... Oh, and another thing that can help some people is to try your water at different temps. I don't like mine ice cold. I prefer it room temp. I was shocked because you'd think it would taste better cold, but I have a hard time getting it down cold. Room temp I can chug it down! LOL
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    OH NO NOT CHEMICALS! Not like water is a chemical or anything...

Yes, thank goodness... can you imagine drinking Dihydrogen Oxide?
  • angel_north
    angel_north Posts: 51 Member
    Try water with a dash of lemon juice or lime.
  • TodayImEvolving
    TodayImEvolving Posts: 44 Member

Teehee. :drinker:
  • Oh, FFS.

^^ lol THIS
  • tigersword

Penn & Teller had the greatest bit where they sent someone to an environmentalist convention with a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide. It was amazing. Everything the petitioner said was 100% true. It was amazing how many signatures she was able to get. It just goes to show that the average person really has no idea what they are talking about when it comes to science.
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    I don't prefer or "like" water either, but in the end if you're in this to be healthy..you gotta learn to drink it. Trust me, after a few weeks you'll get used to it. I only drink water and milk now. I have a soda about once a month if I go to a movie. We had a water cooler delivered to our home from Kentwood Springs, have one at work too. My skin does look better, I'm getting healthier, and I feel 100% better. It's a lifestyle change. Why would you want to "drink" your calories?
  • I second the lemon and lime wedge or two in your water!! It is super yummy and you almost start to crave it!!!
  • Erikaelias85
    Erikaelias85 Posts: 69 Member
    I love water but sometimes like to mix it up a bit. At work i drink one 17 oz cup of water then some tea (1 tea bag plus 1 pack of nectress). I bought a tin sampler at World Market of Zhena's SIP Sampler. If you are craving a sweet drink (and trust me it will taste pretty sweet once you add the packet of nectress) you could try their Raspberry Earl Black Tea or Ambrosia Plum White Tea. I believe they both contain caffeine though so I wouldn't drink it after 5:00 p,m.
  • Sporks42
    Sporks42 Posts: 44 Member
    I dont mind drinking bottled water must have something in it to give it a taste of something. Its the tap water I cant stand.

Bobble! http://www.waterbobble.com/ They are filtered water bottles.

I increased my water intake many fold with one of these babies. I hate unfiltered tap water, and this allows me to drink from water fountains anywhere. The come in three different sizes (I have the biggest and the smallest) and all different colours. I can't swear by the jug as it doesn't fit with my lifestyle, but the water bottles are amazing. I find the filtered water better than bottled water.