SHORT GIRLS -- What are your biggest "problem areas"?

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem, even though I've had a ton of success with counting calories, is that I can't seem to reach my goal height.

It sucks

Pretty much this. 5'3" is awkward; not quite 'short' but not 'average' either. No one wants me in their threads!

This is why I used to lie and say 5'5"

I am 5' 5 3/4" and NO ONE wants me in their threads, either. I am not short and not tall. I have very short legs and a long torso. Rarely can i find off the rack clothes that fit me well. And no one will let me play their reindeer games!!! :sad:
  • jamiebxo
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and my biggest problem area is my stomach, I've been losing weight evenly from everywhere else, my stomach has gone flatter over time but it's still there and is my biggest insecurity...but it's the first place I gain weight so it'll probably be the last place the weight will come off, unfortunately.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to be too tall for this thread. I am rarely too tall for anything. Bless you.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Tummy, hips, thighs. Im 4'11". I'll let ya know what works when it actually works. It's very slow moving :(
  • alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    TUMMY definitely.

I wish I was overall more thin (of course), but I have a typical "gymnastics" body. So I am kind of stocky all over. I have short, thick legs. Thankfully, no cellulite! And very firm but I think I look like a T-Rex, hahaha. My arms are bulky, too....wish they could slim down.

I am 4'9"! So short!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I've yet to read of a single problem that is restricted to short girls.

Or to humans with a vagina.

But, being tall... I'll exit now and go hang with contrarian.
  • cheegerz
    cheegerz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So what works for the thighs?? It seems we all have pudgy thighs. :( When I do lose weight, I lose it from my tummy. To some girls, that would be a blessing. I just feel like, without targeting one area, I become increasingly disproportionate! I do a pilates workout that incorporates everything -- back, shoulders, chest, abs, obliques, glutes, thighs.... I feel like I pay equal attention to all of them, AND I bike!!, but my thighs are still made of cottage cheese. =\ The rest of me starts to look real good and then I glance down at my thighs when I'm sitting and I just go "ugh".... put it this way, I just took measurements, and my thighs (EACH ONE OF MY THIGHS) measures only 6 inches less than my whole waist. EACH THIGH. GAHHHH.... I could scream.
  • cheegerz
    cheegerz Posts: 26 Member
    Options

The point was not to find a problem that is "restricted" to short girls.... it's to find out if there is a common link between our stature and the areas that we can't seem to shake while the weight is coming off. I've gone through losing 50lbs before... and literally none of it came off my butt and thighs, albeit doing a lot of work to those areas in particular. A know several people around my height who have experienced the same problem. I'm not saying that these issues *don't* happen to taller girls... just searching for an explanation.
  • igoleft6
    igoleft6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5'1.5".. Thighs,thighs thighs!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, definitely my stomach. Always has been, but after 3 kids... yikes...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, my upper arms are my major problem areas!! :sad:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

The point was not to find a problem that is "restricted" to short girls.... it's to find out if there is a common link between our stature and the areas that we can't seem to shake while the weight is coming off. I've gone through losing 50lbs before... and literally none of it came off my butt and thighs, albeit doing a lot of work to those areas in particular. A know several people around my height who have experienced the same problem. I'm not saying that these issues *don't* happen to taller girls... just searching for an explanation.

Seeing that genetics in general plays a role in regards to both height and to where we lose first/last, not sure how that would make sense.

Short people's genetics are not all the same because they are short, therefore, where they are losing last isn't going to be the same.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" mine is def my legs I hate my fat legs:grumble:
  • operaprincess1
    operaprincess1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Arms and legs are the worse for me. I can get everything pretty well toned up, but those are my main problem areas. Diet and exercise do help a lot, but just recently I have joined an adult ballet class, and have had AMAZING results getting those areas under control.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall. :sad:
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    I am 4'10 and its my hips, butt and thighs!! My mom is 5'1 and my dad is 5'6. My sisters however have complete opposite. My older sister has NO HIPS OR BOOTY at all but has a belly (small one since she is 107 lbs). My younger sister has a tiny waist and booty and thighs, no hips.

I HATE my body
  • AtlantisLoss
    AtlantisLoss Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and as 'Pear' as you get! :sad:
    I have come to terms with not being able to lose the weight proportionately.

Through experience, no matter how smaller you get (when i dieted without exercising) the lower half is still obviously larger.
    This time round i'm going to 'tone' in addition to weight loss.
    I'm a little scared that this will make my legs look even more 'chunky', but never try, never know.

Pear people, add me if you wan't to work through this together! :flowerforyou:
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    5' 2'' and I can't get rid of that flab around my armpits
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem, even though I've had a ton of success with counting calories, is that I can't seem to reach my goal height.

It sucks

Lol. Oh yeah. I totally feel ya here.
  • cirvin32
    cirvin32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and I'd say my thighs and butt. About the same as everyone else my size. Though I'm positive that it doesn't matter how toned I get, they will still be there when I hit my goal weight. Curse of the Curvy Figure.