What is your motivation?

Options
1235»

Replies

• plaidlemon
    Options
    1. Wedding next October. I'm already taking my dress (it was my sister's) in 3 sizes. I'd like to make it 4.
    2. I'm sick of getting winded going up the stairs.
    3. It's hard to find well fitted, professional clothes if you're over a size 12.
    4. NEW! I'm finding my balance, little by little!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I was married to very abusive man that was crushing my spirit and i couldn't take it anymore. I decided that i wanted to leave him but knew i couldn't take care of my kids the way i was. I only worked part time and i was so lethargic due to the depression of being in that situation and that i was 370lbs. So i decided my first step towards leaving him was getting myself healthier for my children. i needed to lose weight so i could have the energy needed to hold down a job and raise my 3 kids on my own. so i started without telling a soul. i lost 50lbs before anyone noticed. i found a job that i'm still at now. i saved my money for a lawyer and kept working on regaining my health. i learned to eat right by reading these message boards and looking through other stuff on line. i had healthy dinners thrown out by my ex because he refused to eat "that crap." He started capping my grocery budget. telling me i could spend $20 for 2 weeks of groceries so he better not see any of that vegetable or fruit *kitten* in the house because he would know i was spending more. It took me 11 months from when i had started to think of my exit strategy till i was able to get away from him.
    because of him, i lost my house. I struggle financially to give my kids the things they want. but..... i am on my own 2 feet. I am strong. I am healthy. I am beautiful. I am a good mother. I am a person that my kids look up to for getting them away from him. best of all......I AM HAPPY!!!!!
    I have energy now to play with my kids. I have taught them to eat well so that hopefully they never get to where i was. I have taught them to respect themselves enough to never let someone treat them that way.
    that was my rock bottom and now i am here, and it's only getting better from here. :happy:

YOU, my friend, are a ROCK STAR! I'm honored to have read your story.
  • tweedy_luv
    Options
    To prove to myself that I can finish something!
  • Kenisie
    Kenisie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To be all that my husband "thinks" I am. He's a great support.
    To have my rear fit into a stadium or theatre seat without the arms of it digging in to me.
    To have some collar bones, thigh gap and no double chin.
    To simply "do life".
    Be and feel healthy.
    To be able to find something on the clothing rack with relative ease!

Whatever your motivation is, I wish you well on your journey!
  • jennymichele
    Options
    I want to be a good role model. As a parent, as a future RN, and as a martial artist.

Also, it HURTS to be this heavy. My knees, my poor feet, and my back issues are 10 times worse than they were forty pounds ago!

The rest of it.. smaller clothes, feeling sexier.. etc.. icing on the cake!
  • jennymichele
    Options
    I was married to very abusive man that was crushing my spirit and i couldn't take it anymore. I decided that i wanted to leave him but knew i couldn't take care of my kids the way i was. I only worked part time and i was so lethargic due to the depression of being in that situation and that i was 370lbs. So i decided my first step towards leaving him was getting myself healthier for my children. i needed to lose weight so i could have the energy needed to hold down a job and raise my 3 kids on my own. so i started without telling a soul. i lost 50lbs before anyone noticed. i found a job that i'm still at now. i saved my money for a lawyer and kept working on regaining my health. i learned to eat right by reading these message boards and looking through other stuff on line. i had healthy dinners thrown out by my ex because he refused to eat "that crap." He started capping my grocery budget. telling me i could spend $20 for 2 weeks of groceries so he better not see any of that vegetable or fruit *kitten* in the house because he would know i was spending more. It took me 11 months from when i had started to think of my exit strategy till i was able to get away from him.
    because of him, i lost my house. I struggle financially to give my kids the things they want. but..... i am on my own 2 feet. I am strong. I am healthy. I am beautiful. I am a good mother. I am a person that my kids look up to for getting them away from him. best of all......I AM HAPPY!!!!!
    I have energy now to play with my kids. I have taught them to eat well so that hopefully they never get to where i was. I have taught them to respect themselves enough to never let someone treat them that way.
    that was my rock bottom and now i am here, and it's only getting better from here. :happy:

YOU, my friend, are a ROCK STAR! I'm honored to have read your story.

Indeed...thank you for sharing.
  • landodewd
    landodewd Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sick of weight being my excuse for everything I do! I want to go enjoy my life.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to keep up with my husband and to live without pain. I have chronic back and joint problems that carrying around 60 extra pounds is simply exacerbating.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I want to stop hiding from mirrors, gain self confidence, fit into my skinny clothes, and to happily step in front of the camera lens instead of always shying away from it or being behind it, (Photography is a hobby of mine)

^^this
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My wedding photos were disgusting. My back flapped over the top of my dress, and I looked awful. Over a year on, and I can't bring myself to watch our wedding video.

After my wedding, I put on another 10lbs, and it was all upper half body. This affected my self esteem and I stopped looking after myself.

It got to the point were I would cry trying to find something nice to wear out with friends, that I looked half decent in. I also developed huge issues thinking my husband would want to find someone else because I'd put on weight really quickly.

I have lost 18lbs since May, and I have 10lbs until goal. The last few weeks I've plateaued which has really damaged my motivation. Typing out why I wanted to do it in the first place has given me a boost :bigsmile:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I want to maintain my awesomeness as I age. :wink: It gets a little harder over the years to stay in good form, but MFP keeps me in line. :drinker:
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and treat my body the way it deserves to be treated.

I want my kids to see an active, healthy mom!
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hoping it will help cure my social anxiety.
    To be seen as a human being.
    To be treated as such.
    To be seen as attractive and for people to give me a chance.
    So I can wear what I want and not be constantly self conscious.
    To never be called fat again.
    To feel comfortable in my own skin.
  • dmvarner
    dmvarner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    High blood pressure and being sick of airplane seats being uncomfortable and not being able to find clothes that aren't dowdy. Or leopard print.

Also my knees hurt.

Jeez I hate leopard print.....who the hell thought that looked good on a overweight person? It's like ringing the dinner bell at the zoo. Stupid clothes designers...you would think they would put a little more love/effort into their designs.

Haehaha almost fell over the bell comment????????
This discussion has been closed.