New, and looking for a buddy :)

Options
Hi, i'm Annie, i'm 21 and live in Australia.
I dont know anybody who uses this site and I would love a buddy that i can keep in contact with to give each other motivation and support.
I'm 89kg (196lb) and would love to get down to about 70kg (154lb) so i will no longer be classified as 'obese' at only 21.

Even if you're not up for the one on one buddy thing, please feel free to add me if you are an active member, or are about the same weight as me, with similar goals.

Thanks
Annie
- x - x - x -

Replies

• nikki91950
    Options
    hi annie! i would love to become friends on here and keep in touch! i come on the site every day and am usually pretty active around the site. support has always been a huge key to my success, so i know how important it really is to have somebody to keep you accountable and to make sure you're doing what needs to be done! i'm a 19 year old second year college student from the states and am only a few pounds from my goal weight :)
  • AnniePanny
    AnniePanny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow.. i cant believe how quickly people have responded..
    thanks nikki. congrats on losing so much weight.. makes my goal seem like it's actually reachable :)
  • AwesomeMe
    AwesomeMe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just got my 20 yr old daughter on this site. She has been using this faithfully and has lost 2 pounds. Its been a very short time. Look up CrazyNJ.

Best of luck hun. You'll love this site, its my reality check. Start a walking routine for now as well.

Bonnie
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy the site. You will make lots of friends on here.:flowerforyou:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Hello Annie! I'm not too far behind you..I'm 207 currently, looking to get down to 140. Hope you like this site..keep logging everyday! It works! =)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I started about 15 pounds higher than you, and my goal is about 15 lbs lower, but I'd love to help ya. Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm 23 and balancing being young and having fun with losing weight can be tough. It's just about balance.
  • DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    wow.. i cant believe how quickly people have responded..
    thanks nikki. congrats on losing so much weight.. makes my goal seem like it's actually reachable :)
    This is the most active forum I've ever seen, and I've been using them since BEFORE the Internet. You won't be lonely here, and if you have a question, the answer is minutes away, not days or weeks or never like some forums. Welcome and good luck!
  • Elbita
    Elbita Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome to the site!

I started using the site about 5wks ago and the site combined with discovering my love for Zumba classes have made a great difference. This site was an eye opener and is a great tool!

I think your goal weight and mine are close, so I would love to be your buddy also.
  • picoagi
    Options
    Hi Annie .. I'm new too .. I had a resolution to lost weight in Dec 2009 .. i started to count my calories intake ..its work for the 1st 4months but then stuck .. so i discussed with 1 of my friend - she's a nutrition doctor .. one thing I learned from her is I have to have a same time of my meals/snacks everyday .. off course with a normal portion n avoid bad food too. it's work...!! i always have my breakfast at 7.30 everyday .. snack at 10.00 ..etc (3 meals 2 snacks) and now the weight lost is getting faster when i also play tennis - 2hours/day - 5 days/week .. i still go to the gym maybe round 30 - 60 minutes/day - 3x/week.. but tennis is more fun to me.
    I love this site ... i can check my calorie intake on my hand anytime ... I join week ago and I've already lost 4lbs ...
    keep exercises ... find any kind of sport you like ... n have fun with it...
    5'1" - dec 2009 162lbs - 3rd Oct 2010 145lbs