Lose 8 pounds by New Year's Day - Week 1 Sept 10 - Sept 15

Options

Replies

• Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @toni welcome - Thanks so much!
    Hey, so I am studying abroad and trying to find a good way to workout while here. I might try slowly running again, but it's hard cause I often get shin splints when I do that.
    CW: about 15-153 (this European scale is throwing me off a bit.)
    GW: 145
    UGW: 133
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm in maintenance and working on fitness goals, but I'm here for support for you all. I can't stress enough how glad I am that people on here are making realistic, achievable goals. :bigsmile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @More - Awesome - Thanks for the support. Great that you are in maintenance.
    Hi guys,

I'm in maintenance and working on fitness goals, but I'm here for support for you all. I can't stress enough how glad I am that people on here are making realistic, achievable goals. :bigsmile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Hi I said that I would start posting links to challenges:

Move your *kitten* Challenge - This one has been around here for almost two years and I love doing it. All you do is set a goal of how many miles you want to walk, run, elliptical, bike, swim etc.

And then you check in when you feel like it. The moderators post an excel spreadsheet with results and it is strangely motivating.

Check it out! :smile: :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1092797-september-2013-move-your-a-challenge
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    An observation i made.....

Every day new challenges pop up here. I just saw one where they said "lose as much weight possible by Christmas". Just about everyone had a goal of 6-8 lbs to the end of THIS MONTH!

That is our goal to the end of this year!

---- Question: Which group will be more successful!?!?!? :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smile:

Of course our group will be more successful because we are in it! :laugh:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    ---- Question: Which group will be more successful!?!?!? :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smile:

Exactly! - I seriously feel sorry for the new people here who are all excited and join the lose 20-40 lbs in 3 1/2 months and then find out that "what is behind the curtain". - That used to be me - Really! :smile:
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

Exactly! - I seriously feel sorry for the new people here who are all excited and join the lose 20-40 lbs in 3 1/2 months and then find out that "what is behind the curtain". - That used to be me - Really! :smile:

And we'll get to enjoy the holidays without feeling pressure/guilt or being hangry crankypants. :drinker:
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello ive been looking to join a group as I find them motivational, can ya count me in!

sw 183
    cw 178

short term goals to get to 169...a pound more than 8 lol!

ugw 129, got a while before I see anything close to that again but lifestyle changes will get me there!
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Please count me in!

CW: 157
    GW: 149
    LTGW: 135
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW: ~146
    GW: 140
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @Cella30

That is the quote of the day!! :smile: :drinker:
    And we'll get to enjoy the holidays without feeling pressure/guilt or being hangry crankypants. :drinker:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @lizemarie - Welcome to the "sane" Side!
    Hello ive been looking to join a group as I find them motivational, can ya count me in!

sw 183
    cw 178

short term goals to get to 169...a pound more than 8 lol!

ugw 129, got a while before I see anything close to that again but lifestyle changes will get me there!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @jupiter - Excellent Welcome!

Please count me in!

CW: 157
    GW: 149
    LTGW: 135
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @penelpur - Great Thanks for joining!
    I'm in!
    CW: ~146
    GW: 140
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Here is another Challenge. This is a challenge I started at the beginning of the month.. but you can "jump in" at any time!
    It is easy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16269-the-keeping-it-green-challenge-september-2013

Group Info

The Keeping It Green Challenge: September 2013

Group Info

The Spirit of the Group - The goal is to have as many green days per month as possible.

"Short Link"
    http://tinyurl.com/mrd5gv6

If you are given 1900 calories per day and you eat 1870 - That is a "Green Day"
    If you are given 1900 calories per day and you eat 1950 - That is a "Green Day" - MFP calls it red, but we will take up to 99 red.
    If you are given 2100 calories per day, you exercise for 500, and then you eat 2500 - that is a "Green Day" too!

This is not about weight on the scale. So if you are losing weight, bulking, cutting, or maintaining.. it does not matter. It is about holding to your food and exercise goals!

If you know that you most likely will only have 20 green days because of special events... that is fine. If you are on a vacation, business trip, or just plain busy, that is fine too... just log in when you can.

The Rules - They are very simple:

1. We are counting "Green Days".

2. There will be a "daily thread" posted with the date.Please sign in and write:

- Green Day? - Y / N
    - Total Green Days
    - Goal Green Days

and something fun to add:

For example:

September 15th thread

- Green Day? - Yes
    - Total - 14
    - Goal - 25

Walked 3.2 miles, Did a 5K run,
    Ate birthday cake, but planned it, and still turned out green! Did a Yoga DVD.

(Note for people in NZ and Australia I will post that days thread the "night before" so that you won't have to wait for us Americans!)

3. I will keep up a spreadsheet with results. I will track How many green days and percent to goal. I have found it is always great to spur each other on. Here is the link to the spreadsheet:

"Short Link"
    http://tinyurl.com/mrd5gv6

"Original Link"
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhN89cboLb0DdFFnTE9BLWZhV1JFb2VfS1A0aVdKb0E#gid=0

4. You can join the group any time in during the month. If you discover this on Sept 5th, no big deal. Because you can still set a goal of 25 days and participate!

---> Also You can sign up now!

5. If you sign up and never do anything - it is on your conscience :-). However, you will not be automatically rolled over to the next month's spreadsheet.
  • kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in a Halloween challenge to get to a certain goal by Oct 31st but my next goal was aiming for new years so I guess I will post that here!

CW: 134
    GW: 125

Halloween Goal Weight is 129 (or at least to be under 130)
    Ultimate Goal Weight is under 120 ( I guess I will have that aimed for around St. Patrick's Day since that is a big work holiday! )
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This sounds perfect for me. Can I join? Last year it took me 4 months to lose 5 lbs but of course I gained it all back when I upped my calories just a little. I need something slow since I don't have much weight to lose and I am short and older.

CW: 140
    GW: 130
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @kmessinger14 - Excellent - and Welcome!
    I'm in a Halloween challenge to get to a certain goal by Oct 31st but my next goal was aiming for new years so I guess I will post that here!

CW: 134
    GW: 125

Halloween Goal Weight is 129 (or at least to be under 130)
    Ultimate Goal Weight is under 120 ( I guess I will have that aimed for around St. Patrick's Day since that is a big work holiday! )
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @just listening - Perfect and Welcome!
    This sounds perfect for me. Can I join? Last year it took me 4 months to lose 5 lbs but of course I gained it all back when I upped my calories just a little. I need something slow since I don't have much weight to lose and I am short and older.

CW: 140
    GW: 130
  • elisam81410
    Options
    I'd love to join, just restarted and need to be accountable to me and need all the support I can get. So please can I join?
    SW=154
    wt by New Year=146
    UGW=130

Need motivation to keep going and doing "what I can do" for each day...sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees-I think that is how the saying goes-LOL!!!

I need all the support I can get! Thanks in advane:love: