Milk-free protein shakes?

Options
Are there any protein shakes out there that are milk/ milk derivative (i.e., sodium lactate, sodium caseinate) free?

Replies

• VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    There are MANY (vegan) soy/rice/hemp based protein shake mixes out there - if you have a Whole Foods or New Seasons market, check there.
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This might be the oddest thing I have posted, but when I was visiting my friend in CA she has vegan Hemp protein powder! From the health food store...has an INSANE amount of protein, you might want to check it out!! (She adds fruit, and OJ!)
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll have to check out this vegan hemp protein powder. Looking for some shake power stuff to help curb/prevent my low glucose levels when I'm out and about.
  • emily859
    Options
    hemp powder is pretty awesome nutritionally speaking. its a little earthy, so if you dont mind the taste it might be perfect for you. I make smoothies with it, various fruits and spinach and a little soy milk. Other than that, organic soy milk is a great dairy alternative that also has about the same amount of protein that dairy milk does.
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Earthy is a good way to describe it! I like to cover up that taste with bananas!