23 Things Every (one) Should Stop Doing

Options
2»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I love this list so much. I will stay off of my feminist soapbox but I just really like a lot of the stuff on there.

also, as for:
    16. Worrying that your life doesn’t look like Pinterest. You are not Martha Stewart. You will probably never make that DIY floating bookshelf. And your Eggocado will never look as delicious as this one does.

I used to work for someone who ran a pretty popular home decorating blog. Her house always looks absolutely beautiful in the pictures on the site. But, in real life, she is a complete clutter fiend and her house is just overrun with STUFF, everywhere. Before she takes pictures of her new project she cleans up everything in the room by dumping it all into a different part of the house. I always take those lovely pinterest pictures with a grain of salt, because even the bloggers are real people whose houses don't necessarily actually look like that!

Thank you for this!!! As important as all those "even the stars are photoshopped" threads.
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Interesting, but I think the last one is easier said than done. There are just some basic realities women have to face and not thinking about them and when they will happen is not realistic.

With the advent of my second child, I have come to realize that my previous sense of control was more of an illusion than a reality.

and when child becomes teen.... WOW. Control was an illusion that you that you can't even remember.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Pretty sure I'm only guilty of #5.