is this possible?? height Weight pant size

Options
Im 163 pounds 5'2 and a pants size 10?? either this is true or the 3 pairs of pants i just bought are playing a cruel joke on me. Yesterday i noticed my size 14 pants are to big so i went shoppingfor size 12. Too big still. Hesitantly went for a size 10 and they fit perfectly. Really don't know if I'm dreaming or if someone is playing a joke or my month of leg presses of 90 pounds paid off. Still in disbelief... if your comfortable posting what size are you? Height? Weight? Just curious!

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hey there. When I weighed about 180, I was in a size 12 and I'm the same height as you. We may have very similar body builds. I gain weight all over, so I'm not bottom heavy. It's totally feasible that you would be 163 and in a size 10. So enjoy and congrats! :bigsmile:
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 184 and a 10
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are a size 10...I'm in a 12 and about 9 pounds more than you but shorter, my 10's can zip but I won't wear them in public yet. So you are correct that you are a size 10! Great job!!!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 183, and my 10s are getting loose. I carry all my weight in my middle and my hips are narrow, so some of it has to do with the cut of your trousers and how your weight is distributed. But you are definitely a 10!
  • sueclare38
    Options
    5"3 138lbs and size 12 bottoms 10 tops. But I have large hips, my 12's are extremely loose around the waist, more like a 10, I can get them on without undoing the button and zip, but I can't get a 10 over my hips, extremely frustrating as no trousers fit properly. Gutted the summer has ended cos I was living in dresses.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Bone size/density plays a huge role in pant size... I am 5'4", when I weighed 194 I wore size 16/18, now at 108 lbs I wear size 0 and 00. I noticed the brand of pants/jeans makes a tremendous difference for example Old Navy sizes run larger. A size 0 at Old Navy is loose on me and a 0 at 7 for all mankind and blue Asphalt fit just fine to a little snug. You can't go by numerical sizes (e.g. 24 or 24) either because they vary by maker/brand as well.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6.5", 180 and wear a 14. I may be a 12 again when I get to my goal weight, but after four babies -2 of whom weighed over 9lbs - I don't think my hips will ever fit in a size 10 again. (For the record. they are worth it.)
    I can see being 163 and wearing a 10. Good for you!
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 141 lbs right now. I'm a size 7 in juniors skinny pants, a size 6 in Old Navy bottoms, a size 4 in Lululemon exercise bottoms, yet a size 9 in Roxy bottoms. I wear size small in Victoria's Secret skirts and dresses. But I can also fit size medium and large bottoms as well in other brands. It's all so confusing. When people ask me what size I wear, I never know what to say! It depends on the brand, style, material.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience. Went to buy new dress pants figuring I'd be in a 14 (down from an 18 or tight 16) and they were too big. Ended up with a 12 and they fit great. I'm 5'7" 168lbs.
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    194 lbs and going down, and I now fit into 16's without a W attached to it. I am not going to be in those for very long. It is the first time in 20 years I have been this low.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    5'6", 238 lbs, and in a size 20. Bought a pair of 18's and I can pull them up but then I can't bend my legs.....may take another 30 lbs before I can wear those!
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    Weight frequently isn't a good indicator of size though, I'm 5'6", 146lbs and I wear a size 2 - 4, or 26 - 27 in jeans.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Absolutely possible! 5'4"...weight 150...size 6!
    Congrats!
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 4 161lbs (or thereabouts only weigh in 1ce a month) and a UK 12 mostly. Brand always makes a few changes either up or down depending on the cut. Also being a classic hourglass and needing to work on BF % (damn thighs lol) trousers are a big pain to fit right if they don't have some degree of elastic at the waist.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    well.. my stats are entirely different, but proportionally speaking... i'm 5'8, currently 235lbs and my 16s are loosening up a bit... not that it's anything to brag about just yet, but i personally don't know many gals my weight wearing under a 20w... i was a size 9 with a 27inch waist when i was 160-170lb many, many moons ago... so yep, I'd say it's entirely possible. werk it!
  • LaxRunLift
    LaxRunLift Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting down to size 10, I remember that moment of disbelief pretty clearly from when I finally hit the single digits a few months ago. I'm 5'3", currently 117 lbs and pants size 2, used to be 180 at my highest. I wore anywhere from 18s to 14s. You can't trust the sizing for different brands, there's too much variation.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    5'2 size 16. I weigh 186. I guess I have more junk in my trunk than you. That's OK. I like my junk! :laugh:
  • marysidneyherbert
    Options
    It seems like pants no longer meet a measurement standard. I recently bought three pairs of pants on the same day. They all fit, but one was a 10, one a 12, and one a 16, all different manufacturers at Walmart. I typically wear either a 10 or a 12, never before a 16. I love the pants, but don't understand why the sizing varies so much.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 143 and a size 8. I won't get any smaller than a 6 no matter how much more I lose. I can remember weighing 115 lb at this height when I graduated high school a millenium ago and I was a size 6. My daughter who is the same height and 20 pounds less than I am now wears a size 0. Bone structure, I guess.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" and approx a size 14, but I carry my weight directly around my waist, and that has been where it has come off the slowest.