Feels Like I Already Failed...

Options
So I just started Focus T25 last Tuesday and I feel like I keep failing. Every Workout session I do, I have to stop once or twice to catch my breath real quick while Shaun T. is STILL going! I can't even follow the modified girl because the camera moves too quick and I can't really pay that much attention to girl while I'm focusing on Shaun. I barley have any resistance at this point. Do You guys think that the more I do it, the stronger I'll be to get thru it? Any encouragement would be appreciated because I feel like a failure...thanks.

Replies

• conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Yes, keep trying. The only real failure is the failure to try! When I started running 4 months ago I could barely run a minute without having to stop to catch my breath. Now I can run a 5K without stopping (takes me about 37 minutes!). Keep going and in a few weeks you'll be keeping up!
  • larryewing92
    larryewing92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this Focus program. Is it a video? Sounds like you are doing a good job just making the effort. Keep at it and i'm sure you will get stronger. It's impossible not to if you keep taking the right steps. good luck!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Do You guys think that the more I do it, the stronger I'll be to get thru it?

sure.
  • larryewing92
    larryewing92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    a 12 minute mile is amazing! what got you started on your journey?
  • smithed812
    Options
    Your workouts will improve. Keep on truckin'! I only did about 10 days of Insanity but I noticed huge differences in my ability to keep up with Shaun T during that small amount of time.

You're not a failure :flowerforyou:
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I'm doing Insanity currently (and a weight lifting program for a college course, which I think is helping) and modifying things. You do what works for you until you get it. I have a not-so-great right knee, so I can't be constantly jumping like them until I strengthen it up again (especially those godd*mn ski abs....). And that video doesn't even provide modification. However, I just restarted it (because I skipped a few days and felt like a failure at keeping to it) and now I feel myself following along better and going faster with them with fewer modifications. Just keep at it and don't stop pushing yourself. Obviously within reason, but you get what I mean.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    So, because you can't work out on the same level as Shaun T, you're a failure? The key to your success lies in realistic expectations of yourself. The end.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

sure.

Er...
    That's the point of exercise?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

sure.

Yep. Just keep at it. No one starts out being ale to run a marathon. It takes time to build up strength and endurance.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    A new workout is always a shock. Especially if working out at all is new altogether.

My experience (albiet with Insanity) is that you will improve very rapidly. Stick with it. There's no deadline here. Real fitness Is a lifestyle no a program. It takes time and consistant persistance! Or persistant consistance...anyways if it was easy everbody would have six pack abs. The battle is just as much in your head as in the gym.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it and do your best. I am in the final week of Alpha phase and its taken me almost twice as long. I repeated week 1 and took extra rest days here and there too. Week 5 is just killing me cause it has total body circuit 3 X's and that one is very challenging for me. I can tell I have improved but I tell you I still pause also so don't worry. Its not supposed to be "easy"!
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You have to start somewhere, and if you keep it up you will feel stronger and you will start to notice that you don't need to take as many breaks as you used to. Stay strong, it's not going to happen overnight. You can do this!!!!
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    So I just started Focus T25 last Tuesday and I feel like I keep failing. Every Workout session I do, I have to stop once or twice to catch my breath real quick while Shaun T. is STILL going! I can't even follow the modified girl because the camera moves too quick and I can't really pay that much attention to girl while I'm focusing on Shaun. I barley have any resistance at this point. Do You guys think that the more I do it, the stronger I'll be to get thru it? Any encouragement would be appreciated because I feel like a failure...thanks.

Embrace failure, and the battle to keep moving past failure. Keep doing your best & you're best will keep getting better. If you're not failing during a workout from time to time, you're just bs-ing. It sounds like you're doing a challenging workout for yourself, and that awesome. Keep it up and you will get there. Good luck :)
  • SarahRosewriter
    Options
    So, you're saying you just started doing this workout and you feel like a failure because, just a few days in, you're not doing it as well as the person who invented it?! C'mon, give yourself a break! Listen, the body has to build up its endurance; this has nothing to do with you, this is science. You will get better and better the more you do it. Just don't expect overnight miracles--exercise simply doesn't work that way! You'll make it, you'll see, just keep going! :-)