The Flu...What would you do?

Options
I have been sick since Thursday evening and have consequently dropped a few pounds (the only good thing about having the flu!) I am wondering, should I log in my new weight, even if it has been because I was sick, which is kinda like cheating, isn`t itÉ I am afraid I`ll have this awesome new all-time low, and then after I get better, I will gain it back and then have to log in a gain, which, could be a setup for failure. I have to admit, I am really tempted to log in the new weight...I haven`t been this low in a coupla years! Anyway, any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thank you! :happy:

Replies

• Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You for sure should log it, if it goes up a little bit next week it doesn't matter. We are always so hung up on numbers when we should be really be using how we feel and how are clothes fit to gauge our success. I have always been obsessed with the scale, but I'm just trying to not care as much and move forward. Hope you get better soon.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    If you eat healthy and exercise after you start feeling better, your weight shouldn't go back up. There is always water retention, etc. but if you are currently not dehydrated, then being well should not have an impact on your weight.

Vickie
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I was ill last week too, lost 7lbs after 9 days of swallowing more tablets than food and i've logged mine, heck I suffered for it (albeit not in the usual way) I'm claiming it!

I've now been fine for a couple of days and I've stayed the same so you shouldn't have a gain really, I'm fully expecting a static but I'll be ok with that (prefer a loss tho!) Definitely claim it, you've earned it!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I think the last time I was ill was through food poisoning and lost about 5lbs. But that was becasue there was NOTHING left inside me!! :laugh:

I'd wait a couple of days and if it doesnt creep back up, log it :bigsmile:
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    My dear friend always tells me that she is just one stomach flu away from her ideal body weight. :drinker:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    My dear friend always tells me that she is just one stomach flu away from her ideal body weight. :drinker:

Hahaha!!!

Yes, I would log it too.
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    I would log it too, there's got to be an upside to being sick.
    Glad you're on the mend - and here's to losing the rest in a healthy way:drinker:
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'd log it. Like Maggie said there must be an upside to being sick. Glad you feel better.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Thank you ever so much for all your posts. I have decided that losing this 4lbs (so far) has been hard to do, but in a different way than the ``^regular`` way. I am still pretty low, but like I said, at least some good is coming of all of this! :wink: