Accurate Scales?!?!?!

Options
I am over 400 pounds and it is hard to keep motivated when I can't see the number dropping. Anyone know of any scales that are accurate at that weight? I currently have WW scales and they will give me 3 different weights varying up to 40 pounds.

Replies

• pikle1
    pikle1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I also have a digital ww scale that weighs me 2stone heavier than my old scales. I dont know why but on my mams scale im then 1stone heavier than my old scales. So I find it difficult to know which one should I go by?
  • TheLoneMarmot
    TheLoneMarmot Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am over 400 pounds and it is hard to keep motivated when I can't see the number dropping. Anyone know of any scales that are accurate at that weight? I currently have WW scales and they will give me 3 different weights varying up to 40 pounds.

Balance beam scales, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Health-Meter-Physician-Balance-Scale/dp/B0009MFUZY
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I never trust digital scales personally. You can get on it once and it'll say one weight, 5 minutes later, you gained 2 lbs, then 5 minutes after that, you lost 4.

I like my old school dial scale. I only use this one, I don't trust doc scales much either since they're rarely calibrated that I've noticed. I only trust my own! :wink:
  • missfrankie666
    Options
    A big reason that scales can say such different things is because almost no floor in a house is ever perfectly level. I make sure that I keep my scale in the exact same spot, I strip down naked and I weigh myself at the same time everyday to make it as consistent as possible. If you cant always leave you scale out in the middle of the floor or where ever you prefer then either make a little mark with tape and always line up the top left corner with it or like pick a certain tile on the floor and always line it up with that space... that's what I do and I started getting more accurate readings. They are not perfect but a lot more accurate.!