Newbie here, two weeks in! Could use friends :)

Options
Two weeks ago I stepped on a scale for the first time since having my child... three years ago! Only to see numbers I thought I would NEVER see in my life. 299 LBS! Holy crap. I told myself I would never get over 200. Then 250. And now, here I am. Almost 300 pounds. I knew something had to change. So here I am now. Two weeks ago I started my diet. I cut my calorie intake in half and I am eating 1500 calories a day. At first I cheated and would allow myself a normal diet on the weekends with my boyfriend. But after seeing me put on the weight that I had just lost I told myself I needed to stick to my diet. Week two has been very well. Aside from me being hungry at work, running out of fruit, and finding it really hard to find low cal meals for me AND my boyfriend to eat... I have still managed to lose half a pound every day! 3 pounds a week! Go me! I am officially 6 pounds down, and although its not much, its something! Last night I felt like I wanted to give up. But looking down at my scale and seeing that I am consecutively losing weight is helping me push myself to keep going. But it can be difficult! I don't really have any friends where I live since I just moved and could definitely use some motivation!

Replies

• cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    fr sent
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    add me :)
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    feel free to add me.....:)
  • Thanks! You guys are awesome :) I hope to be able to wear a bikini next summer ;) Ive never worn one!
  • Brendaold
    Options
    Hi, I feel your pain. Try the HCG diet. It really works and fast. I lost almost 40 pounds and then my husband got sicker and he died. I went out of control. Now I am back on. In one day I lost 3 pounds. It's easy. Lots of help on internet getting started with HCG diet. Basically high protein, low carbs, 750-800 calories. I take HCG by injections with a diabetic size needle once a day. No biggie. Can't even feel it.

Good luck whatever you do. I know I need more exercise. That's my next add on.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I LOVE how motivated you are! Congrats on losing 6 lbs... that's fantastic. I just want to caution you that you must be in this for the long haul and you ABSOLUTELY can do this. Plenty of people here on MFP have lost well over 100 lbs. But you have to be smart about it. It won't happen overnight and when it starts to get tough (as it will... just because you have to keep your motivation for a long time) know that you have choices.

I HIGHLY recommend starting off by eating over your BMR for a calorie goal. You give yourself a better chance of easing into your new body in a healthy way. 1500 is a steep cut from the get go. 2000 might be a more reasonable starting target. Then, when your weight loss stalls, you can cut a bit more. If you start at 1500 you have no where to go but unhealthy caloric intake levels once the weight loss stalls... and it will.

Welcome to MFP. I'm sure you'll find all the support you need here :flowerforyou:
  • katierose67
    katierose67 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey! You're doing well! I've been here a week and only lost a pound!
  • Thanks everyone! Seriously! All this support makes me want to go work out ;) and thank you everyone for the advice :) much appreciated
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Always looking for supportive & motivating friends. Everyone can feel free to add me too.
  • momdawndawn
    Options
    I just started today and hope I get the results I am wanting. If you would like to help motivate eachother I am willing.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Having friends on here really makes the differece! Seeing others working hard gives you the motivation you need!!
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I will support...friends request sent!!
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I started at 298. I have lost a total of 55 pounds. I have 112 more to lose. You can add me if you'd like.
  • Having friends on here really makes the differece! Seeing others working hard gives you the motivation you need!!

absolutely! I was reading some of the success stories on here and it is jist amazing! I hope I too will be writing about my amazing journey :)
  • sabrinahursman
    Options
    I completely understand where your coming from!! I used mfp in the past and lost 30 lbs. But then I just gave up and gained it all back. At the time I had no friends to help motivate me. I'm starting back up today! Going to give it my all this time... get healthy, look good, and most importantly FEEL good about myself. I deserve this!
  • bs240z
    bs240z Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i am happy to help encourage you. feel free to add me.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Dieting can be frustrating. So let me say this, and I am not trying to be mean, but diets typically result in the old weight Yo-yo. If you want to take it off and keep it off, think of the changes you are making as a lifestyles change, and not a diet.
    Now trust me we all get frustrated from time to time, but remember where you started, and remember that you are not alone But also remember most of us did not put the weight on overnight, so unfortunately it normally does not come off overnight either. But if you set reasonable goals, and work at making changes it will happen!!!!!
  • Dieting can be frustrating. So let me say this, and I am not trying to be mean, but diets typically result in the old weight Yo-yo. If you want to take it off and keep it off, think of the changes you are making as a lifestyles change, and not a diet.
    Now trust me we all get frustrated from time to time, but remember where you started, and remember that you are not alone But also remember most of us did not put the weight on overnight, so unfortunately it normally does not come off overnight either. But if you set reasonable goals, and work at making changes it will happen!!!!!

I completely agree! My bf keeps saying its only for a year and I tell him its for the rest of my life. But he agrees that once I lose the weight it will probably be much easier to stay healthy.
  • smalacarne
    Options
    sent you a FR! This is great place for support :)
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    6 pounds in 2 weeks is great! I started at 325, so yeah. If you'd like to add, feel free. :)