From your experience .....

Options
I had some ah ha moments over the past week or so and now want to ask any of you if you have encountered this. I have been at my present weight for a long long time, could not really lose and even gained occasionally. Then I started reading about BMR and TDEE (had never heard of TDEE) and went to different sites and plugged in all my information. Lo and behold according to all of them I was eating way too few calories and that could be a prime reason my weight has stalled for so long. That possibly my metabolism was at a crawl.

So my question is: If this has happened to you, then you upped your calories how long did it take you body to respond? A few days?, weeks?, months? Just trying to get a ballpark I know everyone is different but would love your feedback.
I have just upped my overall calories and protein intake.

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Give it 4-6 weeks.

You may see changes sooner than that, but give it time for your body to figure out what's going on.
  • pikle1
    pikle1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also looked up my bmr and tdee at the start of this week and im eating my calories etc,i'v lost around 7lb so far, i know the first few weeks it comew off quik. but working for me and dont feel like im dieting just watching and entering my calories!
  • kim72sean
    Options
    I believe in mass confusion. eat between a range and exercise burning different range of calories so your body does not get too use to needing a certain amount of fuel for any given day.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    FWIW, every time I tried upping my calories to bust through a plateau, I gained weight. The old mantra of "calories in vs. calories out" seems to ultimately be what works for me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Nancy, I totally believe you can eat more to lose :) you know that I've also been on a plateau and I'm already eating at 1400 and with you being so active theres a very good chance you are not eating enough....you have to give eating more a try :) anytime I upped my cals I did it by 100 cals and I didn't gain. Give it a go, your weight has stalled so you've gotta try something different, you'll most like be end up happy that you did. GO for it :)

Ruth