Im new today!! :)

Options
Hi everybody!
I joined My Fitness Pal about a month ago and never logged in and tracked my eating habits. Since then, I gained 8 lbs! I have been exercising, but eating freely. This means pies, cookies, cupcakes, cheeseburgers and fries. I am very uncomfortable with my weight and would like to lose 25 lbs. I don't need some quick fast weight loss, my goal is 1 pound a week. I have never taken measurements, but this time I did. I know I can do this as I am very determined and have overcome many obstacles, food is basically the last self satisfier. Would love to have some buddies to celebrate the highs and encourage the lows!

Replies

• catelinn
    Options
    You are welcome to add me, I log everyday and can offer support and encouragement:)
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Anybody is welcome to add me too :) I try to be as supportive and motivating as possible! :bigsmile:
  • keepitfresh
    Options
    Thanks, I appreciate that very much!:smile:
    I am navigating around here to figure out the web site.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I hope you find this site as helpful as I have. Having friends on here for support is really helpful! I would be happy to add you! =)
  • timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    On here there is a way to track your calorie intake start with just trying to lose one pound a week. I think it’s around 1800 cal a day its hard a first cause you break the calorie intake a lot. But after you start tracking for a week or two you get into a routine and start eating better cause your more aware of your intake. Also try these things...

1. Stay off the scale only weigh yourself maybe a few times a month...Progress is never fast at first but after a while you will see the pounds come off

2. Start doing cardio and working out I lose weight the fastest when I run.

3. Remember changing your lifestyle is very different than just a diet. Change your lifestyle eating wise and being disciplined by going to the gym at least 30 mins three times a week I would suggest doing cardio in that time as well.

Feel free to add me as a friend I am more than willing to help out in any way I can!
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Timothy gave good advice. looks like you have exercise going on already. if you use the goals setting tab to get a target daily calorie intake then log food and drink you will be on your way to healthy living.

every once in a while I will measure a portion to see if I am logging the right amount for my meals. stalking diaries is a good way to get ideas for menu planning when you need to change how you are approaching a meal.

Many folks weigh in once a week at the same time and day ( Fri morning for me) gives you a controled snapshot that eliminates daily or weekly fluctuations.

see you around.
  • UncleKennyinPNS
    Options
    I started MFP about a week ago. When I saw my Dr. for my physical last week, he suggested one of three resources that I have found helpful:

1. "Eat This, Not That" ( http://eatthis.menshealth.com/home ). One of the books had some interesting facts about being overweight/obese (over 30 BMI). When I calculated mine, I was 18 lbs over obese1. Here are some benefits of not being obese:

AT 227 LBS, I WILL BE –
    roughly 41% less likely to have a total cholesterol over 250
    40% less likely to have asthma
    up to 60% less likely to develop gallstones
    50% less likely to develop heart disease
    33% more attractive to opposite sex
    up to 50% less likely die of any cause
    39% less likely to develop esophageal cancer
    up to 35% less likely develop type 2 diabetes
    likely to spend 35% spend less a year at the pharmacy
    51% less likely die in a car crash
    50% less likely develop kidney cancer
    33% less likely die of a first heart attack
    likely to stay 39% less time in the hospital
    36% less likely to develop stomach cancer
    38% less likely to have osteoarthritis

2. My Fitness Pal (this site). My son told me about it and it's really easy to see what your daily nutrition is.

3. Exercise TV ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2gn6-w0dE ). Walk a mile in place next to your computer while watching TV and you burn 120 calories.

Using these three resources I've lost 5 pounds this week and just have 13 more to go! Friend me and we can hold each other accountable.