Well today sucked...

Options
Today was a suck day nutrition wise...

I didn't go over my calories... But I totally screwed my body over food wise... It was just bad planning on my part. I was running around doing errands like a chicken with my head cut off and I had to drive an hour and a half to get to my new University to take care of some errands over there as well, and I hadn't planned a lunch for Paisley or myself, and because of that, I ended up having a half a latte for breakfast (I meant to go home and grab a bagel, but my errands took so long, I never made it), fatty fast food for lunch, and nothing for dinner (my daughter got sick after eating her own dinner and MURDERED my appetite to DEATH). Even though my calories are technically ok, I think I have to count this one in the fail column for nutrition. Tomorrow, I will do better.

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Your last sentence is all that matters. (: Life does get in the way sometimes, even to people who have the best intentions, and all you can do is dust yourself off and start again the next day.
  • tntgal2
    Options
    One day at a time. It happens. You hit it with "planning" piece - I've tried much harder this year to plan so I don't make bad choices. I'll even pack a sandwich and apple to bring on a plane with me so I don't eat their calorie loaded (and pricey) cheese platter! If you know you might have some hectic times coming up, you can make hard boiled eggs ahead of time and pre-peel and bag them, so they're handy,to grab. Good protein. Sometimes if I know my morning will be hectic I'll even measure out my cereal the night before and cover it so its ready too (I like my FiberOne with cocoa powder and cinnamon). In the AM I just add almond milk and it's fast. Good luck.
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    it happens.. hang in there..dieting is simple math what goes in has to be less than what goes OUT..HOW we eat is a choice but technically you can lose weight eating twinkies and ho hos ( a nutrition professor proved this to his class).. as long as you stay within caloric parameters for loss... so while it may not have been as healthy as you want it.. you still did well ( MUCH better than I would).. KUDOS to you for staying within even with all that happening!! Tomorrow is a new day!
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    There is always tomorrow
    we all have those days.................
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    agreed we all have those days once in a while , move on and tomorrow will be better !!! :bigsmile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    No no no no no. No.

Congratulations on an awesome day! :drinker: You stuck to your calorie target despite having a very busy day and a sick kid. You're doing awesome. Keep up the great work and keep making choices that lead you to achieving your goals.

You are amazing :flowerforyou:
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Nutrition is forgiving of a one day flop. take a deep breath, hug your baby and plan for tomorrow.

Is your baby feeling better?
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I think you did great today - you stayed under calories for the total day and you maneuvered past all the obstacles put in your path. Personally, I think the half latte was better than the bagel, less carbs for you in the long run.

I used to eat a bagel every morning for my breakfast. I couldn't imagine starting my life without that bagel. I was so dependent on it. My life revolved around my bagel and my coffee. A nutritionist convinced me to get more protein in the morning and to get away from the bagel and its high carbs. It was hard, but I did it. Now I start the day (actually I eat about 3 hours after I wake up after I have coffee with skim milk in it) with an omelet with ham and cheese in it for 250 calories. the protein in this meal keeps me going strong until my late afternoon snack.

You might want to consider this, but of course, I understand we are all individuals with different needs. I don't mean to lecture you.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You could have totally ruined your DIET today! Thank goodness THIS IS NOT A DIET!...lol It is a lifestyle change. We are all going to have bad days. A bad day here or there will not undo what you have done. You learn from it and keep going. So what did you learn from today's experience? (-; Better luck tomorrow!
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bad day here too, busy at the gym, shopping,didn't eat properly and during the dinner preparations, I started to feel extremely nauseous and had to run to the porcelain god -- I've called it a day -- I'm in bed at 7pm, can't eat.

Maybe your daughter passed the illness on to me? ;)
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    dont worry too much, was'nt too bad of a day :)
    and fact is, this is such a long journey that most of us are on, that anyone who expects to get through it without the odd "bad day" occurring will make it harder for themselves,
    bad days will happen, and as long as its not an overly regular thing, its safe to say the best way to deal with it is to just accept it and move on to tomorrow

put it out of you mind, wake up and have a good breakfast to start your day well tomorrow, and you'll soon forget that today sucked :)
  • Kestrel45
    Options
    Tell me about it. Since this morning I ate 5 cookies, a granola bar, some chips and a piece of baguette. FAIL.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    6OiBzbf.jpg
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    No no no no no. No.

Congratulations on an awesome day! :drinker: You stuck to your calorie target despite having a very busy day and a sick kid. You're doing awesome. Keep up the great work and keep making choices that lead you to achieving your goals.

You are amazing :flowerforyou:

^This and only this.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    6OiBzbf.jpg

If you ever feel bad about yourself

Just remember Ryan Seacrest.....

Doesn't even matter what he did or didn't do!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    6OiBzbf.jpg

If you ever feel bad about yourself

Just remember Ryan Seacrest.....

Doesn't even matter what he did or didn't do!
    Indeed!:drinker:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    6OiBzbf.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It happens. but it will all balance out over the week, in the big picture overall.

One good thing - today is the start of a new day - and so yesterday is gone. We can always start fresh every single day.