Best time to buy exercise equipment

Options
I was pondering today if now is the best time to purchase new exercise equipment. I figure prices are low to move supply and make room for al the updated models when the new years resolution buying spree begins next year. Thoughts on this and also the best places to go and models. I am looking to invest in a treadmill, a bike (not an upright but the kind with a seat back as suggested by my Physical Therapist) and an elliptical. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    There are usually sales in most stores about a month before each season begins. But be careful, they will promote their big markdowns sometimes, but really, there aren't that many good deals. I think that the end of the summer (like now) is when the sales are the best for exercise equipment. Keep an eye out for sales, but also checkout a few sites. I don't know if any are on right now. Sometimes the best thing to do is the keep a lookout for 3-4 months and see if the item you're interested in goes on sale. It's worth waiting for a good deal with a huge investment like that. At least in my opinion.
  • rmblackmt123
    rmblackmt123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I got my treadmill at a good price on amazon and delivered right to my house. It's nothing crazy fancy but it helps me get the job done. Also think alot of places will have sales since Christmas is coming up. But if you hold off till after the holidays I would say Feb when all the people who made resolutions give up on them and sell their fitness equipment :) Even check with your local gym and see if they are looking to replace their old equipment, might have lots of miles on it though. Costco too has great prices and usually can go online for their shopping too if you don't have a store close to you.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    That's a great tip to see if people are selling theirs. Thanks.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    When the shops are open?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    2:13am
  • doctorsookie
    Options
    besides that... LOL! Of course, if I go while nobody is there I could get the discount....JK:devil:
  • doctorsookie
    Options
    Doggy helping with the workout? Cute.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Used? A month or so after New years.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I know that some stores raise prices after Christmas, to get ready for the "New Years Revolutions" boom.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Go for used equipment in February.

Those are the New Year Resoluters that gave up really fast, so equipment is probably barely used.
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    now or never
    now if you are going to use it
    or
    never if it will turn into a clothes rack
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Used? A month or so after New years.

That's not always the case. Most people want to sell it for what they spent because they barely used it.
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    2:13am

X3Skxfq.gif