Two weeks on MFP - just saw a drastic drop in weight

2»

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    You completely threw me for a loop posting this in "maintaining weight". :laugh: I thought you were going to be like, why am I losing when I want to maintain?? Then you were "over the moon" about it so I was like, :huh: what??

Got it now. Keep doing what you are doing. lol If it continues to be 0.5-1lb per day, consider raising your calories. You may be at a larger-than-you-think deficit.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    It seems like you are doing everything right and I would not be concerned. I know when you weigh more, you can lose weight a lot faster. Once you get down to a lower weight it should come off more slowly. Keep eating healthy and exercising. As long as you don't feel sick or like you are hungry all the time I would not worry! Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    What's with all the quick added calories? Sometimes there are thousands of them! I'm guessing you are not eating as much as you think you are...
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    I agree with Mz Maniak. Plus, it is impossible to determine how many carbs, fat, and protein etc. you are consuming with the quick add calories. I would take the time and input the correct food. There are millions of food items in the database and you can create "meals" so you don't have to keep adding in the individual ingredients all the time.

Congrats so far on the weight loss but I would hunker down for some disappointment if you keep logging that way. In my humble opinion! Keep up the good work logging though (even if some are quick add)...that is huge!
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    why all the quick add calories? You might be over estimating your calories and eating less then you think. \if the food your eating isn't in the data base you can easily add them as long as you have the nutritional info.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Hi, I recently started using the Herbalife products a month ago and I've lost 8 pounds already. They have nutritional shakes which serve as meal replacements and give you all of the vitamins and minerals a healthy meal would give you. I love the products so much that I have become a distributor for them. If you'd like, I can tell you more offline. Just send me an e-mail: herbalife.

reported in this thread too.

also, gtfo.

edited to remove the contact. good call joy.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Hi, I recently started using the Herbalife products a month ago and I've lost 8 pounds already. They have nutritional shakes which serve as meal replacements and give you all of the vitamins and minerals a healthy meal would give you. I love the products so much that I have become a distributor for them. removed spam contact

First off - you are in a section that is about maintaining weight, not losing.

Second - spam/advertising is NOT allowed, nor is the posting of personal info like email addresses.

REPORTED as a bot account.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    I've been told 1-2 pounds a week is a normal/healthy loss rate (unless you have had WLS, then you can expect more rapid weight loss). But I think I speak with many of the above posters when I say I lost more than 2 pounds per week the first couple weeks.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Im-not-fat-Im-fluffy-cat.jpg
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    [q Yesterday I had to bike for a full hour to finally answer the question "what would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Glad to see someone else with chocolate in the diary.
    [/quote]

I love it! :laugh: I agree, I eat ANYTHING I want as long as it is in my calories. I've lost 47 lbs since Jan 2013 so I'm doing something right :smile: I'm not going to spend the rest of my life never eating yummy stuff so I need to learn how to eat yummy stuff right! OP (original poster)... Congrats on the loss! Keep up the great work and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Hi, I recently started using the Herbalife products a month ago and I've lost 8 pounds already. They have nutritional shakes which serve as meal replacements and give you all of the vitamins and minerals a healthy meal would give you. I love the products so much that I have become a distributor for them. If you'd like, I can tell you more offline. Just send me an e-mail: herbalife.getfit@outlook.com

Reported
  • granniegreenow
    granniegreenow Posts: 7 Member
    Just watch those unhealthy snacks that you are including in your calorie allowance, you are not getting the vitamins and minerals you should be getting, and they are what caused the problem in the first place. I don't want to preach to you, I have been in your place, try to find another favourite snack to enjoy. Keep up the good work.
  • Yesterday I had to bike for a full hour to finally answer the question, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?"

Oh, that is FUNNY!
    Good for you!

I eat chocolate. I get the highest percentage of cocoa possible,
    so the carbohydrates and fat counts are negligible, in my meal plan.