Starting all over again *SIGH*

Options
I was doing so good and about 2 months ago went on vacation and fell off my workout wagon and ate REALLY bad! I have gained back 10lbs and it happend so fast! It is so frustrating that it took me so long to lose my weight and 2 months it came back so fast! I really need some motavation. If I can get through this first week I should be good, it's just getting started all over again that I have a hard time with. Any tips on starting over again????

Replies

• laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I did the same thing last year around July and actually stopped losing until I started back again in January of this year. I did the same thing again this year around vacation time but just recently got back on track.

What has helped me to start over again is to find something new that you get excited about and actually makes you motivated. If you can do that and see some results the first week that is usually enough to keep you motivated. For me it was joining a gym in January that got me motivated again.
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time....you can do this!
  • emily859
    Options
    I am too. I totally feel ya. Except I stopped for a few months and during that time I ate whatever I wanted...yeahhhh... thus I have gained about 10 pounds since last spring when I wore a bikini for the first time since i was a kid. Fortunately, since I've been working out regularly (and pretty hard) the entire time, the hardest part is the food and drink, especially during football season. It goes to show just how critical diet is when it comes to weight loss. I have been working out almost everyday- cardio, lifting, and yoga and i still gained weight. (clearly, my diet was too high in cals!)

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone and since I've been controlling my intake this week, I can already notice a difference, which is encouraging. Its definitely keeping me motivated!
  • jilly30
    jilly30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thank you :happy: I joined a lifetime fitness about 3 months ago and used it 5 days a week until my vacation started lol..... I have to start back. Today I feel pretty excited to be starting back up but tonight I know I will be hanging tough lol... If I can just get past this first week I know I can do this! It's just getting through it lol..... again thank you for your words:smile: