tall girls, 5'8'' and over, what is your ultimate...?

Options
...your ultimate goal weight?

i know there's a bunch of threads like this that have already been posted, i just wanted a more recent one, and the reason i'm asking this is to try and figure out what would be a good goal weight for me.

i'm 5'9''.

Replies

• Arnegard
    Arnegard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Pre-kids I had an ideal of 5'9" and 145. I obtained that once and it was very hard for me to maintain.

My standards have relaxed some now that I have had kids. I would like to be about 150-155.
  • airfern
    airfern Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and I'm probably going to shoot for 165-175. That was always the range I felt healthiest at in the past. But I have a lot of weight to lose so, for now, I'm shooting for 10 pound incremental goals.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    5'9", and I look weird below 140 (too pointy). For me, 145 and 20-22% body fat both looks good and is not difficult to maintain.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" I hope to get down to 140lb possibly a bit less if I can but I would be more than happy with 140lb.
  • thelittlenatnat
    Options
    I'm 5'9" as well and I'm currently 159 and 19.9% body fat (measured by a professional with calipers) and my goal is 145-148 and 15-16% body fat. I tend to be on the lower side of the body fat spectrum which I think makes it harder for me to lose weight. I previously was shooting for 140-142 but I just don't think I could get there without starving myself to make my muscles atrophy or going way lower in body fat than I would like.

Feel free to add me btw!
  • nikix123
    Options
    I've been overweight for years, only this pass year it's really bothered me so I'm not sure what I'll look like when I reach my goal. Atm it's 155lbs, but I'll stop and maintain when I feel happy. I'm 5ft8.
    X
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    I'm 5'8 with somewhat thin bones. I'd like to be about 135 as it looks best on me and isn't hard to maintain on a healthy diet.
  • Blaqmariposa73
    Blaqmariposa73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my trainer said that I should get to 160 lbs. I have never been near that weight so I definitely see it as a challenge to get there not to mention maintaining.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'9, 4 pounds away from what I thought was my ultimate goal of 155. Now thinking that when I hit that point I'll drop my target loss to 0.5 lbs per week and see how close I can get to 150. At my age (45) I am a little afraid of my face getting gaunt, so we'll see.
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and right now I think I would be thrilled to just be 165-170. I would love to get down to 135-140 but I think its unrealistic for me.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    5'8" and my goal is 128lb, then work on maintenance and fitness and.......being happy!

It's been 10 years and 2 husbands since I was that weight. 9lbs to go.
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and have just had a chat with the nurse at the Drs who said my ideal weight was 158 lbs .
  • kerrygailis
    kerrygailis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 10 and currently 160lbs and although I want to be 145 my goal is to rather lift weights and drop inches. Although I still weigh myself I am trying to get out of the habit and focus mores on losing body fat. Good luck ladies :flowerforyou:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. I think my goal weight is between 150-160, but I am starting weight training, so who knows, I might end up slimmer and heavier, so to speak. :laugh: Take a look at mybodygallery.com It's an awesome site for looking at pics of real women at different heights and weights.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    5'8 and 115!
  • jcmrax5
    jcmrax5 Posts: 133
    Options
    I was 180 before kids and unhappy with my weight. but looking back im wondering if i had tried to tone more, if id have been happy. i wasnt fat. just a little jiggly :) lol
    im 5'9. when i get back to 180 ill re evaluate
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    6'2. Aiming for 85kg. That's a weight I feel good at. The more important thing for me is toning.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft8. I may aim for 135, but if I look good at 145, I might stay there.
  • heatherdl2013
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my goal is anywhere from 170 to 160. Largest weight I've been was 250 and I'm down to 227 so I still have a ways to go but I don't want to be skin and bones. Curves are nice in my opinion and they look healthier.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    5.8 1/2 n my goal is 180, I was 160 once n looked sick no noobs no *kitten*... Didn't like that look do 180 is goal for now then it just will be a focus on weight training to look leaner but still be same weight.