Tired of being tired

Options
I am tired all the time and being overweight is not helping. I lack the motivation to exercise and to prepsare healthy food because I am always tired. So now that I have logged on, I am commiting to going for a walk today. Does anyone else use Wii Fit as their exercise? I will be going to the store for healthy food tonight. I want this work.

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! There are a ton of people that use the Wii fit on here. We are getting one for Christmas...yah!!!!! Take it one day (sometimes I have to take it one decision) at a time.
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    I used to feel the same way. I discovered by limiting my carbs it helped me find more energy. Not a lot but I'm not sleeping 15 hours a day any more.
    The hardest part is starting. You can do it. Making small changes you can handle instead of jumping in with both feet may be easier. Try tracking what you eat and what exercise you do. Then every day do just a little healthier food and a little more exercise. Compete with your self. See if that helps. I find it fun. :)
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    I hope eating right and working out helps you lose that tired feeling. Sadly it didn't for me :-( I am actually waiting on my results from my bloodwork to see if there is a problem to why I am always so tired!!

I dont use wii fit, even though I do have it at home, I just cant seem to get my butt to work out at home, I have to get out to the gym! Good luck with everything!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit. The Super Hula Hoop in the Wii Fit Plus game disc is a real calorie scorcher! :happy:

I can totally relate to you, friend. I used to feel exhausted ALL the time. When I started to eat healthier and eliminated processed foods (I try to stick to only whole grains now, and a few chemicals as I can) it helped a lot. And once I got myself to do it, exercise really boosted my energy too. It doesn't make sense that burning energy creates energy for the rest of the time, but somehow it did. I actually crave it now. :smile:

Best of luck to you - you can do this! Friend me if you'd like a cheerleader!:flowerforyou:
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. Pick ONE thing to change. Seriously. If you overwhelm yourself, you're less likely to stick with them all until they're habits (6 weeks). Trust me. I started in Feb, all gun-ho and ready to take it all on.. and between a bunch of personal matters (some physical) and my own shortcomings in consistency, I'm not getting anywhere and having to start over - AGAIN. Which is frustrating and does little to help keep you motivated.

So, if walking is the thing you're changing in your life, pick a time you're going to go every day, the length of time you're going to be out (or distance) and even map a route (doesn't mean you have to use it every day, but it'll help keep the time and/or distance consistent) and be sure you can do it for 6 weeks. As you get comfortable with it becoming a new addition to your lifestyle, add something else and basically scaffold and build up your new habits.

Amazing how I know what one *should* do but I can't seem to get it together on my own. *sighs* But I'm weird. Super slow metabolism on a small frame that has only ever lost weight when heavily working out 6-8 hours a day 5-7 days a week! Gr. But the above should work for MOST people. :-)

You can do it.. just take it slow and remember - this isn't a crash diet. This is a life change. Kind of the same as the difference between a job and a career. You train for a job in a week - you train for a career over years.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Exercise burns calories (energy), but it will also give you energy. The more you exercise and the better you eat, the more energy you will have! Trust me... I stared out over 100 lbs overweight, but after 6 weeks of eating right and exercising I already have a LOT more energy than I used to. The hardest thing to do it start!
  • mindymoe1
    Options
    i love my wii fit!! it doesnt feel like you are working out at all. try the dance part and hula hoop. so much fun. try egg beaters instead whole eggs,use reduced fat cheese instead of regular,buy the individual 100 calorie snack packs to make snacking easier,replace one drink a day with water or if you drink reg soda replace on can per day with diet. its all about baby steps. one meal at a time and one walk at a time. spend two weeks walking the same path every day you decide to walk and then add 2 minutes to it or set a new stopping point. You can have so much fun with this. good luck and you will do just fine. dont beat yourself up and just try