Options
    Women powerlifters?!?

Ha!

As if there is actually such a thing.

OP, you're very funny...

...especially for a woman.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    My mother said something similar to me last weekend. It wasn't even a heavy thing. It was an air mattress. Filled with air. Heavy, heavy air.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    my husband's old car battery died, a neighbour stopped to help. my husband asked me to go and help the neighbour push the car, as he couldn't push it on his own. the neighbour was shocked "you can't ask your wife to do that!!!!!" my husband smiled and said "my wife can." And I did. lol.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    You should invite MonsterToBe or Sarauk2sf over to their house.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Women lifting heavy? Like more than doing 30DS?

h1060866D
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I got all my plates and curl bar from Good will and thrift stores for super cheap. Check there.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I totally expected to open this and see the OP's post as

hypothetical
    ... unless they want to be awesome badasses!

If you can get a handle on the plastic wrap around the 24 pack, you can do one in each hand, or just stack one on top of the other.

Wonder what your folks would think of the awesome bruises on my forearms I just got from lifting the 150 pound Atlas stone this afternoon? Twice.

I'm glad nobody ever told me not to lift heavy things or I wouldn't be able to have babies later. I'd have been like "Promise?!" :laugh:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I hope to be as strong as my Nan some day. Her husband was invalided fairly young so she had to do all the physical work.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If a 40 pound bag of clothes is too heavy, what would happen if, say... a 40 pound child fell and sprained her ankle and needed to be carried? Just leave her there for the crows?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend becoming a powerlifter out of spite. You will hurt your back, and once your back is ruined it is ruined.

^ this.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Pick heavy stuff up and put it back down! Let them think what they want. It's your body.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    My dad and step-momster were mortified in June when they found out I deadlifted 135. Told me I had no business lifting anything that heavy and that I should consider just buying a bike. :noway:

They were visiting from out of town, so I told them they might want to show up after 11 am the next day because I didn't want them to have a heart attack if they walked in and *gasp* caught me lifting, lol. :laugh:
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend becoming a powerlifter out of spite. You will hurt your back, and once your back is ruined it is ruined.

I agree. Lifting weights is extremely dangerous to the weaker sex. I hear the strings that hold up your your uterus can snap under the pressure, and it just falls right out. Zumba is much safer.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I agree. Lifting weights is extremely dangerous to the weaker sex. I hear the strings that hold up your your uterus can snap under the pressure, and it just falls right out.
    Dammit, when is this gonna happen for me already?!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Lol thats so goofy
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You should invite MonsterToBe or Sarauk2sf over to their house.

Lol was thinking about sarauk2sf
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    If you don't see them often, humour them.

My mother-in-law used to be an aerobics instructor in the 80's. she thinks I will hurt myself lifting heavy and that I should try marching up and down on the spot doing bicep curls with very light hand weights instead. I just give her that polite daughter-in-law smile I've perfected over the years.
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I agree. Lifting weights is extremely dangerous to the weaker sex. I hear the strings that hold up your your uterus can snap under the pressure, and it just falls right out. Zumba is much safer.
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It happens. 3 surgeries later, including complete hysterectomy and bladder sling, I will just say...be careful.