How much water do you drink everyday?

Options
I have hard time reaching my water consumption goal of 8 cups everyday. If I drink water when I'm not thirsty, I have to pee every 10 or 15 minutes. How much water do you drink? And how do you drink it?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You need to drink enough water for your urine to be pale yellow. There is no set amount and you get a lot of fluid just from the food that you eat. The whole 8 glasses a day thing is a myth.
  • SpleenlessGal
    SpleenlessGal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You need to drink enough water for your urine to be pale yellow. There is no set amount and you get a lot of fluid just from the food that you eat. The whole 8 glasses a day thing is a myth.

Exactly!

I generally drink about 6 cups of water a day, and I find that is sufficient for me.
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    Ideally half my weight in ounces. I don't know who made that figure up but it works for me. I just fill up a jumbo water bottle twice a day.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Zero.

But I drink about 3 glasses of diluting juice a day and 4 cups of tea. I hate water with a firey passion.!
  • Touji
    Touji Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Two.

One in the morning, one in the afternoon. Throughout the day I drink coffee.
  • RealMarkD
    RealMarkD Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I drink between 2-3 quarts each day (some days less, some days more). The most recent "rule" I've heard about how much water you should drink is 1/2 your body weight in ounces (ex: if you weigh 100lbs, you should be drinking at least 50 ounces of water per day).
  • TheLung
    Options
    I have extremely low saliva production due to I had oral cancer and the radiation zapped the glands. Its very easy for me to drink a quart of water before noon. So 2 quarts a day isn't hard for me to accomplish if not more because I have to have something to drink when I eat otherwise I can't swallow my food. I also have to drink a lot if I am exercising at all not from a dehydration stand point but the dry mouth thing. If my mouth gets to dry I end up throwing up because it chokes me..
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I fill up my 500 ml water bottle 3 or 4 times a day, and drink about another 500 ml if I go to the gym. Plus 1-2 cups of green or herbal tea a day. I have a weak bladder and I pee a lot. However, I've gotten better about peeing since I started drinking so much water. Maybe my bladder stretched a bit? Luckily while I'm a teacher, I have enough flexibility in my schedule to be running to the bathroom as often as I need to.
  • astange83
    Options
    i drink 4-5 32oz bottles of water a day at work. Off days usually 3-4 bottles
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    I drink about 8-12 cups a day. I like water though. Plus i drink tea a number of times daily.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    100+ ounces a day.........
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, just keep drinking water throughout the day until my pee is almost clear. Then I taper off for the rest of the day. There is no set amount that I drink each day. Some days I need a lot more and others I need very little.
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    8 - 12 glasses. But this will very based on how much protein I've had. Protein seems to makes me thirst so that ups the amount I drink. I also use crystal single packets because I get tired of plain water. I'll switch the flavors from orange sunrise, green tea with raspberry or peach mango tea.
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    At least a gallon, but I don't really keep track. I just drink whenever I'm thirsty. I alternate between water and tea... which is basically water...
  • munchkin0518
    Options
    I find forcing myself to drink water almost activates my hunger- it's as if the sipping, swallowing, and general feeling of having consumed something (and yet nothing) preps my mind and stomach for a meal, or snacking at the very least. I said "screw it" to the 8-cups-a-day rule a long time ago and now only drink when my throat feels dry.
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Over 3 litres but I'm a flight attendant and it is seriously dehydrating. I try to drink 400mls every hour and on a 13 hour light that ends up being a pretty substantial amount.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Exactly!

I generally drink about 6 cups of water a day, and I find that is sufficient for me.

Ditto both of the above.
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i fill up a 20-24 ounce bottle 3 times a day
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just estimated that I drink about 4 of these reusable bottles which is a little over a gallon a day.

I told my husband and he just said "That's just wasteful." ROFL I had no clue I drank so much water.
  • danalin26
    danalin26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I drink over 100 oz a day. I do have to pee a lot LOL