Before and During- 116 lbs difference. (pic heavy?)

Options
I've been meaning to upload these but I just didn't have the nerve. IAnyway, here's me at my heaviest:
100_0881.jpg

You want a full body pic? Yeah. I don't have ANY that I'm aware of. There's a reason for that. I was SUPER. MORBIDLY. OBESE. It did not come with a cape and action figure, because I didn't do much. Everything hurt.

I made slow changes, better food choices, smaller portions, and eventually started swimming, because that was all that my body could handle. I worked my way up to a mile and a quarter, 3 times a week. I added a personal trainer once a week and made a conscious effort to move more. Things began hurting less. I could bend my right knee again.

When I lost 100 lbs, I bought a bike as a reward. I finally started taking full body pics.
brookiework_zpsbc880a99.jpg

I signed up for a charity ride less than a month after getting my bike. It came with jerseys. I wore it like everyone else, and was very self-conscious.
brookieseptbike_zps7fd985c0.jpg

So self-conscious in fact, that I posted a pic for my family with a caption about having no business wearing that shirt. My cousin posted a side-by-side. I can finally see it:
bna_zpsb7eb1b53.jpg

The moral of the story is that you should never give up. I know how it feels to be SUPER morbidly obese. I know how it hurts to move and breathe and just exist. I did a happy dance when I graduated to just morbidly obese, and I've got MOVES now. I'll continue doing happy dances, and eating right, and enjoying all life has to offer.

Oh yeah, and I went from THAT to training for my first sprint triathlon on 5/10/14. If I can do this, so can you. Wish me luck. :)

Replies

• leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Good luck to you on your continued journey. I'm really proud of you and I don't even know you!
  • Wow! what a difference, well done you! I bet you feel so much healthier now! totally inspiring as I have well over 100lbs to go :-)
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! You have obviously worked very hard. Very inspiring. Keep up the great work!
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous!!! and you are my hero!! xoxo
  • jbastone
    jbastone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Amazing job my friend. You have become stronger thoughout this difficult journey, not only physically but mentally and emotionally. I am so happy to call you a friend and you have been instrumental in helping me to stay on my own journey. Thank you for your support and inspiration.

You will do and succeed at whatever you set your mind to...that I am sure of.

You are looking fantastic!

Julie:flowerforyou:

35250411.png
  • Clemsonmom
    Clemsonmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing your story and your success. I know it will help others that are struggling and haven't found what will work for them. Proud of YOU!!!!!!!!
  • investit
    investit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Your my hero! Good luck in your achievements
  • roxanethree
    roxanethree Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Good for you, never let go again!
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a huge difference! You are doing incredibly well! :)
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Oh my stars, you are fabulous!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny how others can see our progress more than we can? We just get used to seeing the same face day-after-day, so it is harder for us to actually SEE the changes.

Glad she did the side-by-sides for you...and CONGRATS on what you have done so far. Inspiring.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I read a lot of success stories on here but for some reason yours brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing transformation - you are inspiring :flowerforyou:
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! What a difference! You are an inspiration to others and congratulations to you again and again!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You are an utter Rockstar!
  • kacarlton1
    Options
    Love this! I have to do the same thing. I can't tell the difference in the mirror, but I can with pictures side by side. ;-)
  • PB91765
    PB91765 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...so inspiring. Am so very happy for you. You go girl!
  • WenHurley
    WenHurley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! :bigsmile:
  • newmanel
    newmanel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations so much on reclaiming your life from pain! You look great!
  • ItsNever2L8
    ItsNever2L8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!! Be proud of yourself and "keep on dancing" all the way to that finish line =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!