Work In Progress (Pics)

Options
I was a competitive swimmer when I was younger.I was never an unhappy child. Being Singaporean, I never had any issues with food :laugh: From about the age of 7 until I was 20, it was all about exercising. Healthy eating was always a part of my life, until I went to university!! Then, it was endless wild parties, alcohol and fast food.

I didn't have tons and tons of weight to lose but I was never a person that was confident with my body, most of the weight was fat! Being Asian, from a family with a history of high blood pressure and heart problems, a high body fat % was probably not a good thing. Also, I'm quite tall. Because I am Chinese/Singaporean, being 5'9'' is quite rare, and therefore, I felt "huge". I still dislike people looking at me, but I am much happier now.

Over the years, my weight has ranged from 186 lbs to 165 lbs. Below is a picture of me from a few years ago.

e6vs.jpg

Just over 20 months ago, my overweight Husband started having palpitations and dizzy spells. This made both of us take a hard look at our lifestyles. He was introduced to MFP by a work colleague and of course he told me all about it! :drinker:

And then I fell in love with INSANITY :heart: That was a year ago and I have not looked back. I have made a lot of good friends here, cheers and claps daily keeps me going and I am very grateful. But for a year, the weight wouldn't come off. I was much leaner and fitter, but the weight wouldn't shift. I was working out quite a lot and netting about 1500 calories, but the weight was staying stubbornly the same. The picture below was taken in April this year.

m52f.jpg

Then, my DH and my MFP friend (he knows who he is) finally talked me in to lifting heavy, so, 4 months ago, I started P90X and cut out the carbs..... that took the body to a whole new level! My 18lbs loss has all been in the last 3 months!! (pic below taken today)

6l8t.jpg

I am still a "work in progress" and will continue with my love of exercise and healthy eating for the rest of my life, currently, I am doing a hybrid of insanity/P90X and I just started running again a month ago, which I'm loving. I enjoy the wind blowing through my hair, the freedom I feel and I am instantly happy :happy:

I still want to lose another few more pounds and then I will switch to maintaining my weight. But for now, I leave you with the most recent picture of me. I'm amazed at the difference!

lqjp.jpg

I'm finally happy with my body! When I run, I stop the traffic! Yay!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!