Strength Training Calories

Options
Hi all, apologies if this has been asked numerous times but how do I calculate calories used when strength training on myfitnesspal. The cardio calories are calculated but not strength...

Replies

• laurenraecopley
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing- I have only been using the app a few months and I have just been accepting that it doesn't calculate them. Interested to find out if you can though! :)
  • JamieH1984
    JamieH1984 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Under the database in the cardio section there is strength training in there. You won't see a HUGE burn but it's still a burn. I've seen the strength section of your exercise diary used as a way to keep track of what types of strength exercise you do. Example: Bench press 180 pounds 5 sets of 5 just to make something up off the top of my head.
  • helsdels
    helsdels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have entered my strength exercises in the section under cardio but no calories calculated...
  • JamieH1984
    Options
    Have you been putting your strength training in the cardio (top) portion of your diary? You'll get a calorie number if you put it there and only put in the actual exercises you did while strength training in the strength training portion of the diary.
  • JamieH1984
    Options
    I went and wrote down how to do it for anyone who comes across this and wants to add their strength training calories. Here goes:

1. Go to your exercise log.
    2. Under cardiovascular click "add exercise".
    3. When the next screen comes up type "strength training" into the search bar and click search.
    4. Select "strength training" it should bring up a box to the right where you can type in your info.
    5. Click add to diary.

There you have it. You more than likely won't see HUGE numbers but it will be something.

ETA: spelling
  • helsdels
    helsdels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!
  • JamieH1984
    Options
    You're very welcome.