Girls 5'0 or around there

Options
How much do you weigh?
What is your goal weight?
And what are you doing to get there?
I'm 5'0 and weigh 140 :/ and need to lose 35 pounds! Any tips are welcome :)

Replies

• bbzgrl110
    bbzgrl110 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5', starting weight was 215, I have lost 23 pounds since the end of June, and would like to lose 60 more.
    I've changed my eating habits, watching calories and trying to make better food choices. I log EVERYTHING.
    I don't always make the best food choices, but still stay under my calorie goal, with just the occasional slip up.
    I've set smaller goals for myself to reach so the end result doesn't seem too overwhelming, I'm taking it 10 lb increments at a time.
    I'm starting a Zumba class this week, basically just trying to be more active than my usual couch potato self.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am between 4-11'-5". I am around 122lbs now. I started with 133lbs. But joined fitness pal much later when I was about 124lbs. My goal is 100-110lbs.
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1, 54 years

.SW 172
    CW 162
    GW 130
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2!
    My SW 236 (yikes, I know)
    CW 209.4
    GW 135 (I would like to be smaller but I want to get under 160 before reaching further.)
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, am I too tall for this? I feel freakishly tiny! But I heard that in the different countries people have different standard heights? Here in Germany I hardly meet anybody smaller than me. I've reached my goal weight of about 105 lbs and am currently working on maintaining that, give or take a few lbs. Currently I'm just working on getting fitter and build a bit of muscle :) And on my stamina! I hate getting tired easily thus I train :) Here I log everything I eat to make sure to not gain weight again. It's working I think.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I am 5' 2" my weight is 153lbs I need to get down to about 125lbs
  • pari_06
    pari_06 Posts: 109
    Options
    I am 5'2" i weigh 143lbs.. Need to lose 30lbs
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh?
    What is your goal weight?
    And what are you doing to get there?
    I'm 5'0 and weigh 140 :/ and need to lose 35 pounds! Any tips are welcome :)

I'm right there with ya :laugh:
    I started at about 160#'s and I'm 5' tall
    current weight is 136#
    goal weight is 120-115#

More importantly, my bodyfat percentage is about 30-ish right now, but my goal is closer to 25%...so whatever scale weight that corresponds with that :blushing: I'll let ya know in a couple of months :laugh:
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am 5-3 according to my DR BUT I tell everyone I am 5-4!!!!!!!!! I hope to get to my goal of 125. A ways to go still but I will get there and am doing well. I also bought a horribly expensive designer outfit and shoes to celebrate that day and when I get discouraged I go into my closet and pet it and talk to it and then I am back on my game plan. This is not a diet---this is a lifestyle change for the rest of my life. People fail at diet--they don't fail if they make this a part of their life--skinny people do--think like a skinny person.
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, s and I started at around 146.
    My goal weight (in place of actual fitness level) is between 105-110 since that was the weight I was at when I started University.
    I'm more interested in being at about 20% body fat, rather than a certain weight admittedly.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Our stats are quite similar !

5'0
    SW 140
    CW 117
    GW 112

I've been doing Jillian's 30DS or Nore More Trouble Zones 4 times a week.
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    5'0
    SW: 134
    GW: 105-110
    CW: 115 (ish)
    LW: 106

My weight fluctuates a lot between 105-115. At this point I don't really care what the number on the scale says as long as my clothes fit right and I like what I see in the mirror. And for the record I usually eat somewhere between 1500-1700 calories a day. I used to work out like a maniac 6 days a week, 1-2 hours a day but now I'm doing about 3 times a week (3 hours). I consider myself to be maintaining now. I'd like to lose a few more lbs but I'm enjoying being a little more lax about things. I haven't gotten above 115 in over a year now.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    5'1" here :)

I weigh around 117 pounds at the moment, looking to get around 112-115 soon.

Noticed that food intake really really really can make or break you! I've always loved soda, chips, snacks and candies. As of late, though been making popcorn at home (reduces unhealthy/fattening products) with seasonings in my kitchen, switching to flavored water or club soda and stuff like that. You can do this!
  • Kittycatcathyy
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies! I really appreciate it since this is my very first post here! I am starting insanity today! And I am currently eating 1500 calories so let's see where this takes me .
  • Jaided35
    Options
    I am 5' 1".
    SW: 196
    CW: 186
    GW: 140

I do Focus T25. My calories range from 1300 to 1500 depending. I snack on fruits, veggies, popsicles (you can get low sugar ones and they are only about 60 calories).

What is every one basing their goal weight on? Because to me some of the numbers seem quite low.
  • Kittycatcathyy
    Options
    I want to weigh 105-110 because that's what I was about 3 years ago in high school and I felt good.
  • tribe216
    Options
    I'm about 5'2"
    Current Weight: 200
    Goal Weight: My driver's license says, 140.

I have been trying to watch what I eat, but haven't quite got motivation to really get at it. I can keep on track during the week pretty good, but the weekends, forget about it. I also think some regular exercise, even some low key walking, will do some wonders for my metabolism. I know what I have to do, just a matter of doing it now!

Slowly getting there... very, very slowly.
  • belgd
    belgd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    5'0..

CW: 126
    Goal? 115 ... Maybe even 110
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    5'0
    CW: 110
    GW: 103 (UK dress size 8- 32B/C, 24, 36- ish)

I am low carbing/ paleo and eating roughly about 1000-1200 cals a day. I let my hunger dictate my food intake. I don't drink and I watch sugar levels. I also skip 'addies' such as mayonaise (hate it anyway) etc. I like the 'Petite Advantage' diet book (but not the meal suggestions- not to my taste)

I swim for 2 hours a week- for mental health more than anything- and 2 do sessions of 30 day shred for strength. I need more strength exercise really.

I am currently losing 0.5/ 1 lb per week (if that). not stressing about it though.
  • TraceyCKing
    Options
    Hi Im 5ft 3 and have just joined with a SW of 143 Im looking to lose 21lb - I really struggle to eat 1200 calories in a day which I think is having an effect on my weight loss - Any tips?