How much was your biggest weightloss in a week?

Options
Me and my friend were talking about weightloss and everything, she said that her and her mom were on a diet for 7 days and lost pretty good amount. My friend lost 8 lbs, and her mom lost 5. So now I am wondering what was YOUR biggest weightloss in a week?

I remember one time I was on a crazy diet for 3 days and then went back to eating normal and in the end of a week my weightloss was 6 pounds, 4 of those came back the next day I've started eating like usual.

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You lost water weight. The most I've ever lost in a week is 3 pounds and even that is too much. You should shoot for 1-2 lbs per week.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    You lost water weight. The most I've ever lost in a week is 3 pounds and even that is too much. You should shoot for 1-2 lbs per week.

Oh I know :)

I am just curious.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I can drop about 6.5 lbs in 3 days when I switch from my normal high-carb maintenance diet to a higher protein cut diet. I do it a few times a year because I break from dieting for races. It's all water weight and it does come back when I go back to maintenance with high carbs.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I probably lost 15 pounds when my son was born (baby, placenta, fluids...).

:laugh:
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I probably lost 15 pounds when my son was born (baby, placenta, fluids...).

:laugh:

Heehee :P

My biggest loss ever was on diet pills that made me lose about 9lbs in a couple of DAYS. All water, some muscle, and other such things. It was like a detox, I was never off the toilet.

That was NOT nice.

Since doing it properly, my first week I lost about 5lbs. All water Im sure! Now its about 1.5 a week.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    2Lbs. The week I first stopped eating enriched white bread and sugar.

Every other week was about 1Lb.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    3 lb is the most
  • ska41
    ska41 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's obviously a lot more likely to have a big drop when you have a lot to lose. I've dropped 6.8 in a week several times when I had a "whoosh".
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    It's obviously a lot more likely to have a big drop when you have a lot to lose. I've dropped 6.8 in a week several times when I had a "whoosh".

Yea, but as I was saying my friend dropped 8 lbs, and she weighs 140.
  • fromfat2fitbrit
    Options
    I lost 9lbs once, first week of my lifestyle change. Now it's always 1-2.5lbs a week
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I first started using MyFitnessPal, I lost 7 lbs. in the first week, and 14 after two.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I think it's all just the bloating going away...
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Twenty pounds.

He's now nearly 17 and doing very well. :bigsmile:
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 lbs. my first week on MFP: however, I was doing South Beach Diet and so was not taking in any carbs. I only did that phase of SBD for 8 days though because it is only meant to break your cravings for carbs. I know a lot of it was water weight too. Other than that, the biggest lose I have seen was last week when I dropped 6 pounds! (To be fair, I had been sick and ate whatever I had wanted before that and had gained 3 pounds back. Than after I got well, I hit the gym nearly every day and that is why/when I saw that huge lose.)
  • StarPanic85
    StarPanic85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Was losing 7 to 8lbs a week at first. But I am very overweight...
  • yagurlkrys
    Options
    I've lost 8lbs in a week, but then again I am very overweight.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I've lost 8lbs in a week, but then again I am very overweight.

Did it come back?
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Was losing 7 to 8lbs a week at first. But I am very overweight...

Did it come back?
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    2 lbs for me :smile:
  • Bell_Lucci
    Bell_Lucci Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    4.5 pounds. But that was right after my monthly. So it was mostly is not all water.