Replies

• jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bumping for WHEN I am at or near goal!
  • xxhawk68xx
    xxhawk68xx Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks this will be really helpfull later :)
  • cognita
    Options
    You are a wonderful person for posting this! So helpful, commenting to bookmark!! Thank you for the info.
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting this and explaining it so clearly. i'm no where near maintenance - about 35lb away from where i would like to be - but i feel like a penny had dropped now regarding weight loss and the fluctuations on the scale that occur :flowerforyou:
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread, thank you so much for posting and making it is so clear to understand for those of us who are not that knowledgeable in the fitness world.
  • robertgal74
    Options
    Why doesn't MFP have a Like button? Anyway...... Like, Like, Like

47160412.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bump Need to read all the responses!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the wonderful post. I was concerned about a little gain, but am really close to where I want to be on the scale. BMI is healthy, but fat is still at 26. I will keep this post in mind. It reminds me of what I tell my friends. Your body is like a car, it must have fuel to run. If you don't give it enough, it won't work right. If you give it too much it overflows! The trick is finding the full mark. :)
    Thank you for the great post!
  • Soedeste
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    bump:)
  • LauraElectric
    LauraElectric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Such an interesting and really useful post, thanks :)
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good one .Thanks.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm putting this in my blog so I can read it often and not have to search Hope you don't mind.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep at the top of my list. Love this thread!
  • Wingg
    Wingg Posts: 22
    Options
    So am I right to say that when I am increasing my calories intake slowly to mantenance level, the weight that I will gain will eventually be lost?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    So am I right to say that when I am increasing my calories intake slowly to mantenance level, the weight that I will gain will eventually be lost?

If you increase slowly enough you may not see an increase at all because you will still be losing some fat along with normalizing glycogen stores and water. If you do see a sudden increase it's because you went straight to maintenance calories, in which case, you won't see that loss again - it is just restoration of normal glycogen levels without additional fat burn.
  • spookyjo
    spookyjo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great info thank you
  • Wingg
    Wingg Posts: 22
    Options

If you increase slowly enough you may not see an increase at all because you will still be losing some fat along with normalizing glycogen stores and water. If you do see a sudden increase it's because you went straight to maintenance calories, in which case, you won't see that loss again - it is just restoration of normal glycogen levels without additional fat burn.

I am increasing slowly but I gained... I am eating 1200cals for a week now and trying to slowly up my cals. Will I just continue gaining??
  • Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    great advice!